+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Conway threatens to sue EFL

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    If they offered him the choice of £7M or stay in the Championship he'd take the money.
    In fact he'd probably take £14M and relegation to league 2.
    I believe you have that pretty much spot on Hodger .

Although he's got the situation right with these cheats I agree with you Hodges he wouldn't think twice about taking the cash

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Although he's got the situation right with these cheats I agree with you Hodges he wouldn't think twice about taking the cash
    Right Dools,lets say our owners are from Monk Bretton for example and they say relegation will cost us 7 million pounds and we want the right to play our games to try and stay up.Would you back that stance? yes or no.
    The owners from overseas are saying exactly the same thing.
    When we went down under PC the owner then had to sell players and he also loaned the club money to balance the books.When we went down before under the present owners they sold Brad Potts and financially filled the gap relegation brings.
    Take away your dislike or mistrust or whatever it is and tell me have the owners said or done anything different to any other owners in the football league.If we go down after playing 46 games fair enough 3 teams have gone down for years that's football but to want a level ending to the season like all the other teams want is fair isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    Right Dools,lets say our owners are from Monk Bretton for example and they say relegation will cost us 7 million pounds and we want the right to play our games to try and stay up.Would you back that stance? yes or no.
    The owners from overseas are saying exactly the same thing.
    When we went down under PC the owner then had to sell players and he also loaned the club money to balance the books.When we went down before under the present owners they sold Brad Potts and financially filled the gap relegation brings.
    Take away your dislike or mistrust or whatever it is and tell me have the owners said or done anything different to any other owners in the football league.If we go down after playing 46 games fair enough 3 teams have gone down for years that's football but to want a level ending to the season like all the other teams want is fair isn't it?

bill
    When our new owners arrived 3 years ago they said that they would build the club slowly [nothing crazy]
    Have you seen any such building taking place?
    Have you seen any improvements with the ground or have you noticed that the once reknowned Oakwell pitch is no longer what it was?
    Have you seen any improvements in the facilities[hand driers & ladies thingies excepted]?
    Have you seen any building [by that one can reasonably assume they meant the squad] in the quality of the squad?
    Have you seen anything that improves your match day experience [greatly heralded]?
    Have you seen how they have really taken care of the fans with the marquees [which were paid for by the fans I understand?]
    Just what have these new owners actually achieved in their 3 years?
    Come on bill have you?
    Roll on an owner from Monk Bretton
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 22-05-2020 at 02:13 PM.

Exile I'm very patient on things like ground developments etc.My concern is the crazy claims without any foundation about them lining there pockets when theres not a shread of evidence of them doing that.
    The recruitment side is a no brainer we are bottom of the league so no one can argue the recruitment staff have got things wrong.
    My reply earlier was regarding our owners wanting to have the right to play the season to a conclusion to decide our fate.Whats wrong in that?.
    Our owners want the cheats in our division to be punished.Whats wrong with that?
    They don't think its fair to be relegated before the 46 games can be played.Whats wrong about that.
    Relegation would cost the club 7million pounds and the owners would have to plug the gap like they did last time.
    I would want John Dennis,Arnold Dennis,Earnest Dennis,Patrick Cryne all to fight our corner and I would back them.On on the same basis I will back the current owners to do the same thing.
    By the way I'd not noticed the pitch not looking good I'll have a closer look when football returns.

Exile I'm very patient on things like ground developments etc.My concern is the crazy claims without any foundation about them lining there pockets when theres not a shread of evidence of them doing that.
    The recruitment side is a no brainer we are bottom of the league so no one can argue the recruitment staff have got things wrong.
    My reply earlier was regarding our owners wanting to have the right to play the season to a conclusion to decide our fate.Whats wrong in that?.
    Our owners want the cheats in our division to be punished.Whats wrong with that?
    They don't think its fair to be relegated before the 46 games can be played.Whats wrong about that.
    Relegation would cost the club 7million pounds and the owners would have to plug the gap like they did last time.
    I would want John Dennis,Arnold Dennis,Earnest Dennis,Patrick Cryne all to fight our corner and I would back them.On on the same basis I will back the current owners to do the same thing.
    By the way I'd not noticed the pitch not looking good I'll have a closer look when football returns.
    Take a look bill end of Feb 2020 [bit silly saying you'll take a look when football returns isn't it?]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZOc5-D53Q4

& Charlton's pitch early March
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7pGZONCypA

Can you see the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Take a look bill end of Feb 2020 [bit silly saying you'll take a look when football returns isn't it?]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZOc5-D53Q4

& Charlton's pitch early March
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7pGZONCypA

Can you see the difference?
    It wasn't a flippant reply I'd genuinely not noticed.I know one of the grounds men I 'll ask him if theres a problem.

Go forrit Mesta Conway , tha gerrin like Boris ! Carnt du reyt fo doowin wrong , " a still dunt trust thi " pre season brek fo Roma nar , mek sure you all tek care of yourself , keep safe ,

It wasn't a flippant reply I'd genuinely not noticed.I know one of the grounds men I 'll ask him if theres a problem.
    Didn't say it was flippant
    When football returns the grass won't have been played on for months
    Bound to look better then don't you think
    I don't think you'll get an answer from the groundsman that they have been skimping on ground maintenance Not that you can post on here anyway as any adverse comment from him might not go down well with our owners & I think your answer shows a very naieve response if you think any other

I was giving you an honest reply I wasn't been funny or owt.So you now think the owners are skimping on the pitch now.It seems you've got it bad.I fear no matter what the club do in future you'll find fault.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast