+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Conway threatens to sue EFL

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    I was giving you an honest reply I wasn't been funny or owt.So you now think the owners are skimping on the pitch now.It seems you've got it bad.I fear no matter what the club do in future you'll find fault.
    Just saying what I'd noticed bill no more no less

Ok mate no problem.Time to leave now I've got a nice bottle of red to quaff. Take it steady keep safe or whatever this weeks motto is.

Thanks bill enjoy your wine
    Control the virus seems to be the latest

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    Right Dools,lets say our owners are from Monk Bretton for example and they say relegation will cost us 7 million pounds and we want the right to play our games to try and stay up.Would you back that stance? yes or no.
    The owners from overseas are saying exactly the same thing.
    When we went down under PC the owner then had to sell players and he also loaned the club money to balance the books.When we went down before under the present owners they sold Brad Potts and financially filled the gap relegation brings.
    Take away your dislike or mistrust or whatever it is and tell me have the owners said or done anything different to any other owners in the football league.If we go down after playing 46 games fair enough 3 teams have gone down for years that's football but to want a level ending to the season like all the other teams want is fair isn't it?
    I don't live in fantasy world of thinking bill only fact they've put the club in an Impossible situation staying in championship and on their heads be it

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Personally I think he talks a load of b ollocks
    Should have spent his time making sure we brought in better quality players with at least some pedigree
    But no, we brought in unknown players from obscure teams ,why because they were cheap & we are where we are
    He may cite Sheffield Wed, Derby and Birmingham but what about most of the others who have presumably not breached FFP rules
    We are where we are because of our performance both on & off the pitch
    Don't give us your usual diatribe, don't threaten just get on with making your legal challenge instead of waffling about it but I'll not hold my breath
    We deserve better than you Mr Conman & I for one am not taken in

You are where you are because of decisions made by your board and poor performances on the pitch not because of any financial shenanigans by the likes of Wednesday and Derby

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    You are where you are because of decisions made by your board and poor performances on the pitch not because of any financial shenanigans by the likes of Wednesday and Derby
    We all know that Wardy , nobody is disputing our failings and we deserve to be where we are .

The issue here is when clubs break FFP rules the punishment and points deduction getting carried over to the next season , the punishment should be handed out in the season the rules were broken .

You have to bear in mind that two years ago we went down in the last 5 minutes of the season and Bolton Wanderers escaped but were then subsequently found to have broken FFP rules but nothing happened , it's a bitter pill to swallow even when your own club is found not to be good enough but at least plays financially within the rules .

What Conway is asking is for is the EFL to follow their own rules .

There seems to be a narrative of applying the rules but without it affecting the guilty clubs futures too much on the field .

Birmingham City were given a points deduction in the middle of the season but it didn't affect them because they were miles away from the bottom 3 .

Different thing but I seem to remember the Carlos Tevez incident had your club shouting foul play if memory serves me right , you weren't good enough in the PL that season either .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    We all know that Wardy , nobody is disputing our failings and we deserve to be where we are .

The issue here is when clubs break FFP rules the punishment and points deduction getting carried over to the next season , the punishment should be handed out in the season the rules were broken .

You have to bear in mind that two years ago we went down in the last 5 minutes of the season and Bolton Wanderers escaped but were then subsequently found to have broken FFP rules but nothing happened , it's a bitter pill to swallow even when your own club is found not to be good enough but at least plays financially within the rules .

What Conway is asking is for is the EFL to follow their own rules .

There seems to be a narrative of applying the rules but without it affecting the guilty clubs futures too much on the field .

Birmingham City were given a points deduction in the middle of the season but it didn't affect them because they were miles away from the bottom 3 .

Different thing but I seem to remember the Carlos Tevez incident had your club shouting foul play if memory serves me right , you weren't good enough in the PL that season either .

What you're saying is true of course, but it's getting a bit wearing with the likes of Hull, Charlton, Brighton, Watford, Huddersfield, West Ham wanting the season null and void, or claiming their players have covid 19 or like Pearson this morning saying that Watford players won't be fit for at least six weeks, when everyone knows it's just trying to avoid the fact that their Boards have cocked up and match performances haven't been up to it. When you've played 37 games of a 46 game season and you're rock bottom it's a bit rich to say you don't deserve to be relegated.

Thé Blades have been on the wrong end of decisions made by football authorities on several occasions eg Leicester not docked points following misdemeanors when Lineker carried weight with the authorities, Brooking part of the same decision making process in the same authorities who decided not to punish Wham when it really mattered.

Kevin Mcabe was always grumbling and threatening, he's still doing it now the pillock.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    What you're saying is true of course, but it's getting a bit wearing with the likes of Hull, Charlton, Brighton, Watford, Huddersfield, West Ham wanting the season null and void, or claiming their players have covid 19 or like Pearson this morning saying that Watford players won't be fit for at least six weeks, when everyone knows it's just trying to avoid the fact that their Boards have cocked up and match performances haven't been up to it. When you've played 37 games of a 46 game season and you're rock bottom it's a bit rich to say you don't deserve to be relegated.

Thé Blades have been on the wrong end of decisions made by football authorities on several occasions eg Leicester not docked points following misdemeanors when Lineker carried weight with the authorities, Brooking part of the same decision making process in the same authorities who decided not to punish Wham when it really mattered.

Kevin Mcabe was always grumbling and threatening, he's still doing it now the pillock.
    They can end the season now for me and where we sit in the league .

If the points deducted still relegate us then that's totally fine too .

But apply the rules , I most certainly don't want us to wriggle off the hook but neither am I accepting clubs guilty as sin and not having the punishment handed out as its supposed to .

On the continent they don't pyss about , they don't deduct points they automatically demote you sometimes two divisions if the rule breaking is severe .

I think they make the rules/punishments up as they go along. There's no set penalty for financial misdemeanors. We see clubs being deducted a various number of points which I think isn't fair and something i fail to understand.

The rules should simply read- Here's the financial line, cross it and you will be automatically relegated.

You break the rules and it's the same punishment for all clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    They can end the season now for me and where we sit in the league .

If the points deducted still relegate us then that's totally fine too .

But apply the rules , I most certainly don't want us to wriggle off the hook but neither am I accepting clubs guilty as sin and not having the punishment handed out as its supposed to .

On the continent they don't pyss about , they don't deduct points they automatically demote you sometimes two divisions if the rule breaking is severe .
    Saracens [in rugby] good example

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast