+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Treatment of Nurses

Treatment of Nurses

So they've announced that all frontline workers should be treated like the Military when they come back from a warzone.....
    Personally i think its a bit **** to abandon them, with no help or support, and expect them to live on the streets, and then prosecute them in 20 yrs time for doing their jobs when you consider all they've done and are doing 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    So they've announced that all frontline workers should be treated like the Military when they come back from a warzone.....
    Personally i think its a bit **** to abandon them, with no help or support, and expect them to live on the streets, and then prosecute them in 20 yrs time for doing their jobs when you consider all they've done and are doing ��

All NHS staff should have their salaries increased just like what most supermarket chains have done to their employees in these very unprecedented times. All they get is a clap every week whilst some nurses struggle to put a roof over their heads or food on the table!

Then we have pampered football players who earn more in one week than most of the average workers bleating about whether it's safe to play behind closed doors!!! These players also have the luxury of being tested twice weekly and still moan! They moan further they need more time to get fit which asks the question - what the f uck have they been doing since April!

I think instead of clapping on Thursday night everyone should donate £10, not to the NHS but to the front line workers for a well deserved holiday when this is over. Clapping is cheap and I doubt anyone hears us where we live anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    I think instead of clapping on Thursday night everyone should donate £10, not to the NHS but to the front line workers for a well deserved holiday when this is over. Clapping is cheap and I doubt anyone hears us where we live anyway.
    Can't be sure but I think they were starting that thing over here back in March...but it got sharp shift from the public...So some guy started a gofundme page for front line staff....which raised over €1,000,000 and climbing....
    The idea being that food is prepared by some business for the different hospitals and places around the country where workers continued working....Food companies began donating food and it all just took off......Really great idea......
    Not sure about the clapping thing.....I think over here it was fresh on the minds of the public that the nurses were out on strike last year as well as doctors and paramedics.. cause the hospital system is in chaos....

Actually...I think the nurses went on strike for the first time in N. Ireland, only this January..cause of crap pay.....and working conditions....Yeah, really not sure about the clapping thing!

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    I put a decent amount into Captain Tom Moore’s charity walk fund.

I prefer to give via this sort of thing.

My wife has been making scrubs for NHS and carehome workers thro love for scrubs there will be a group local to you. We deliver them to a local taxi firm who deliver them where they are needed.Now I can't imagine many board posters being handy with a needle and thread but perhaps your wives and many girlfriends may be. She posted on the village website and 3 more ladies volunteered.

Nice touch she got a facebook thank you back from a nurse wearing the scrubs she had made.
    Last edited by 9goals2hattricks3pen; 21-05-2020 at 07:50 PM.

“She who must be obeyed” is a retired nurse (ward sister). Her ‘nurse vocation element‘ ensured she applied to return to the hospital to help, but being the wrong side of 70, her application was delicately declined !
    She has been at the sewing machine making masks (all cotton / washable) Some given to neighbours, the remainder left for people to help themselves and a request to make a donation to a named charity.
    Once a nurse.....

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    Personally i think its a bit **** to abandon them, with no help or support, and expect them to live on the streets, and then prosecute them in 20 yrs time for doing their jobs when you consider all they've done and are doing 🤔
    Raised a smile at this, nice one.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)