+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: On this marvellous day....

Quote Originally Posted by no1arabbelfast View Post
    The following afternoon/evening in The Smugglers, I mind of Dailly, Brewster and a few other players coming in, and we just danced and sang whilst we poured pints over their heads.

There was a player their, who was crap and didn't get many games. Mark somebody maybe.

But he was given a song and a drenching like everyone else.
    That was Mark Perry

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    That was Mark Perry
    That's the man.

Just looked him up. He was around the club a decent length of time.

Posted this in Feb, the full build up and match
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wicatt84m8

The greatest day for me being an Arab ahead of 2010

And as mentioned before the funsters never fail to deliver a laugh, 10m35 into the vid, during highlights of an earlier round, they pitch invade an equaliser at clydebank and the bankies keeper batters a funster in the goal

I will put up my story later when i finish work,but i always think of one man when this day comes around the late great Davie Young.

With the redevelopment of Hampden we only got around 12,000 tickets for that final and they were like hens teeth,Davie managed to get me tickets for all my family and most of us had been at all of the previous 6 defeats.

Without his help at least half of us would never have witnessed the Terrors making Hampden history,WASC with a FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post

I was somewhere to the right of Ivan Golac in the crowd behind the goal in that picture.
    I have so many clear memories of that day, from being in a Celtic club pre match that came under brief attack by Orcs to driving through Glasgow that night and getting abuse from some of them.

The build up I was nervous as a wee kitten, physically shaking a bit by 2.30. Then we belted out Simply The Best, louder than the Rangers fans, followed by Ship Called Dignity which put goosebumps up my arms and a defiant tear in my eye. I think at that point I knew this was the day.

Every player in our team was outstanding, special mention to Gordan Petric. The football we played was immense. They had a very good side that cost millions but we showed that it counts for nothing when it's just 11 v 11. Even when they brought Big Dunc on they got nowhere with our defence.

A long second half, aye, waiting for the penalty award that luckily never came, then an outpouring of pure joy and yes relief too.

Ivan did what Jim unfortunately couldn't, he told the players f***k dinnae worry, you will beat them if you play well, and whatever happened later I will always be grateful to Ivan Golac for that. His gallousness rubbed off on the players big time that day.

Rising from being a small club to major honours is a very special thing, something establishment clubs like the Fun Hearts etc will never understand or experience. It's all there in the Ricky Ross lyrics.

We'll win the Cup again, of that I have no doubt whatsoever.

WASC
    Great post Stoke.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I will put up my story later when i finish work,but i always think of one man when this day comes around the late great Davie Young.

With the redevelopment of Hampden we only got around 12,000 tickets for that final and they were like hens teeth,Davie managed to get me tickets for all my family and most of us had been at all of the previous 6 defeats.

Without his help at least half of us would never have witnessed the Terrors making Hampden history,WASC with a FACT.
    Eh mind of being up at half five in the mornin ' tae get tickets getting a couple of bacon rolls fae Rough n Frazer. The queue was already down Arklay St.

I'm sure there was a limit of two tickets per person though.

Two things I remember - belting out 'Heaven is a Place on Earth' at half-time and thanking Falkirk when Gary Stevens got injured!

Tremendous. Went through as a 14 year old with my pal on the Bensons Arabs bus. What a day & what a City Square party the next day. 🧡🖤

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Tremendous. Went through as a 14 year old with my pal on the Bensons Arabs bus. What a day & what a City Square party the next day. ����
    I was with a few from there in Barcelona absolute legends.

To this day the bedsit has that cup final winning photo adorning the living room wall their victory paid for the deposit of the property.I was single at the time but any burd unfortunate to enter the bedsit was telt early that the framed photie would be there till the hoose got repossessed or i passed away.

I moved into the bedsit in October 1994 and the picture has only ever left the wall during redecoration,many years ago my partner said,"Can we no just put that in the lobby or the ootside lavy?."I replied,"If it wiznie for that team up there not one of us would be standing in this room so the answer is no."

The subject has never come up again,WASC with a FACT,BTW i won just over £1250,having witnessed 6 big cup defeats i still to this day wonder why i was so confident considering it was the longest shot since the 74 final.
    We were up against Glasgow Rangers going for a double treble and were 4/1 underdogs but i just knew we were gonna blow the witches curse to smithereens.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)