+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: On this marvellous day....

I will always remember the Semi v Aberdeen and Welshies late equaliser that's when i thought we are gonna FN do this.On the way back to the bus a load of Sheep Sh aggers were on the other side of the road from us and i shouted over to them,"That's the FN hoodoo oot the windie boys and dinnie even FN bather we the replay."

Honestly you just knew it was gonna happen,FACT.

The day of the final was one of trepidation,even though i thought we would win and had backed us to do it there were still nagging doubts.Hardly surprising really considering we had already lost 6 finals in the same competition.

I walked into the Marquee early Saturday morning and the place was packed to the rafters,everyone seemed to be underneath the biggest United flag i had ever seen in my life.

The Arabs were belting out,"There's only one Craigie Brewster." Any early morning worries i had dissipated soon after and so began the best day of my lifelong following of the Terrors of Tannadice.

BTW boys just before this special day passes its only right to salute some of the brilliant posts on this thread.The Boat fires aff special mention's to,

James for the OP,Stokie boy,Shedboy 71,Shedka,Ballumbie Arab and every other poster who contributed to the day we laid that 20 year hoodoo to rest,FACT with a WASC thrown in.

Messages left on my answering machine,
    whilst following the boys in Tangerine,
    Funsters laughing because we got beat,
    glorying in another cup final defeat.

Them days were ended on May 21,
    when Brewster scored against the HUN,
    their big cousins sank doon on their knees,
    and i got nae phone calls fae the Dees.

ALICE.

47 years waiting for a chance,
    to win a major trophy and a european glance,
    and for over a hundred years we've being living next door to Dondeh,Dondeh,
    who the phuck are Dondeh?.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Messages left on my answering machine,
    whilst following the boys in Tangerine,
    Funsters laughing because we got beat,
    glorying in another cup final defeat.

Them days were ended on May 21,
    when Brewster scored against the HUN,
    their big cousins sank doon on their knees,
    and i got nae phone calls fae the Dees.

ALICE.

47 years waiting for a chance,
    to win a major trophy and a european glance,
    and for over a hundred years we've being living next door to Dondeh,Dondeh,
    who the phuck are Dondeh?.
    Great stuff GB and now that the clock has rolled on to 22 May a quick reminder of the events of that day -

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Great stuff GB and now that the clock has rolled on to 22 May a quick reminder of the events of that day -

In colour too....(not something that can be posted next door) :-)

Ballumbie - our most recent Cup victory was in full 1080p HD. Their last one barely made it beyond a Pathe Newsreel.

I was gonna post a photo from 1910 but why spoil the thread?.

James,can you remember your list of shamed companies early in the pandemic?.I request that Prudential be removed as some Scottish lassie has just called the Bedsit offering me £150.00 in compensation because of their earlier phuck ups.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    James,can you remember your list of shamed companies early in the pandemic?.I request that Prudential be removed as some Scottish lassie has just called the Bedsit offering me £150.00 in compensation because of their earlier phuck ups.
    Not a problem. Consider it done. By my reckoning, Paul McGowan remains top of the Covid Cvnts Table. Just, well, because.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)