+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: On this marvellous day....

On this marvellous day....

... after ump**** disasters at Hampden, the original treble busters finally bring home the bacon and lift the trophy. In contrast to Jum’s intense pre match prep, Ivan Golac encourages his players instead to go out, walk, smell flowers and probably smoke a bit of wacky baccy. As a result the witch’s curse was finally broken and the big team brought home the Cup to the City.

Better teams had gone to Hampden and lost when they should have won. But this team, who on paper should have lost, were made to feel 10 feet tall and finally brought redemption to Arabs everywhere for too many years of Hampden hurt. Finally, no rear axles were broken on the celebratory vehicle the following day when displaying the trophy.

What.A.Phucking.Day.

Having been at all the previous finals and suffered the heartbreaks.This to me is my no 1 day supporting united.It was indeed some day.

That was some Hun team tae. Full of multi million pound internationalist.

Longest 45 minutes in any United game apart from maybe the 2nd half at Dens '83

I was in the enclosure and spent most of the second half telling everybody how much time was left Only one with a watch on and everyone asking just about every minute It was a very long second half.

Quote Originally Posted by GFLower View Post
    Longest 45 minutes in any United game apart from maybe the 2nd half at Dens '83
    I had a feeling of disbelief when the final whistle went. Is that it? 😂

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    ... after ump**** disasters at Hampden, the original treble busters finally bring home the bacon and lift the trophy. In contrast to Jum’s intense pre match prep, Ivan Golac encourages his players instead to go out, walk, smell flowers and probably smoke a bit of wacky baccy. As a result the witch’s curse was finally broken and the big team brought home the Cup to the City.

Better teams had gone to Hampden and lost when they should have won. But this team, who on paper should have lost, were made to feel 10 feet tall and finally brought redemption to Arabs everywhere for too many years of Hampden hurt. Finally, no rear axles were broken on the celebratory vehicle the following day when displaying the trophy.

What.A.Phucking.Day.

See David Murray behind Mo there, admiring our celebrations. 😁😁😁😁😁🤪

Too early we have scored too early.

Said by a member of our group when brewster scored. I then shat myself for rest of game and when big dunc came on i reshat myself. Oh that was a happy happy day. Having been at 5 of previous 6 that was so so sweet. What a team rangers had as well jesus what an achievement

The following afternoon/evening in The Smugglers, I mind of Dailly, Brewster and a few other players coming in, and we just danced and sang whilst we poured pints over their heads.

There was a player their, who was crap and didn't get many games. Mark somebody maybe.

But he was given a song and a drenching like everyone else.

[QUO2TE=utd4me;39498630]I was in the enclosure and spent most of the second half telling everybody how much time was left Only one with a watch on and everyone asking just about every minute It was a very long second half.[/QUOTE]

I was somewhere to the right of Ivan Golac in the crowd behind the goal in that picture.
    I have so many clear memories of that day, from being in a Celtic club pre match that came under brief attack by Orcs to driving through Glasgow that night and getting abuse from some of them.

The build up I was nervous as a wee kitten, physically shaking a bit by 2.30. Then we belted out Simply The Best, louder than the Rangers fans, followed by Ship Called Dignity which put goosebumps up my arms and a defiant tear in my eye. I think at that point I knew this was the day.

Every player in our team was outstanding, special mention to Gordan Petric. The football we played was immense. They had a very good side that cost millions but we showed that it counts for nothing when it's just 11 v 11. Even when they brought Big Dunc on they got nowhere with our defence.

A long second half, aye, waiting for the penalty award that luckily never came, then an outpouring of pure joy and yes relief too.

Ivan did what Jim unfortunately couldn't, he told the players f***k dinnae worry, you will beat them if you play well, and whatever happened later I will always be grateful to Ivan Golac for that. His gallousness rubbed off on the players big time that day.

Rising from being a small club to major honours is a very special thing, something establishment clubs like the Fun Hearts etc will never understand or experience. It's all there in the Ricky Ross lyrics.

We'll win the Cup again, of that I have no doubt whatsoever.

WASC

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)