+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/t German fitba

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    You wear shoes in Fife your posh it's ahh relative.
    Many years ago , drive up to a highly renowned golf club to see about joining ,said to bloke in the car park where is the pro shop to see about fees ...he said it’s over there but you’ll need to change into dress trousers from your jeans.........🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 GTF true story ....

Quote Originally Posted by Mudskipper View Post
    Many years ago , drive up to a highly renowned golf club to see about joining ,said to bloke in the car park where is the pro shop to see about fees ...he said it’s over there but you’ll need to change into dress trousers from your jeans.........������������ GTF true story ....
    Similar thing at a golf club up at Lossiemouth many years ago. Got a day pass with a mate and started playing - I was used to the Cairdy nine holer so thought nothing of it - second hole in and some guy comes strolling up and announces that we can't play on the course because we were 'inappropriately dressed'. Honest to ****, the guy was wearing the most ridiculous three quarter length shorts / half mast trousers I've ever seen in my life and a weird multi coloured shirt - not to mention the strange hat that wasn't a hat, just a bit of plastic on the front of his head. We both burst out laughing at him and carried on. Honestly think he had no idea what we were laughing at.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Similar thing at a golf club up at Lossiemouth many years ago. Got a day pass with a mate and started playing - I was used to the Cairdy nine holer so thought nothing of it - second hole in and some guy comes strolling up and announces that we can't play on the course because we were 'inappropriately dressed'. Honest to ****, the guy was wearing the most ridiculous three quarter length shorts / half mast trousers I've ever seen in my life and a weird multi coloured shirt - not to mention the strange hat that wasn't a hat, just a bit of plastic on the front of his head. We both burst out laughing at him and carried on. Honestly think he had no idea what we were laughing at.
    TBF the one I was referring too has got It’s act together and there is no joining fee and it’s cheaper now than when I rolled up 20 years ago ,at the time the time the waiting list was roughly 7 years depending on how harsh the winter had been...😏 if you know what I mean...
    You can have tradition ,but if nobody is out hitting wee white balls or standing at the bar your fu###d .

How Muirfield has not been shut down is an embarrassment....I genuinely like golf but hate 95% of people that play it because all they speak about is golf even if they are really bad at it ,listening to advice from someone who plays off 20....nah...

TBF the one I was referring too has got It’s act together and there is no joining fee and it’s cheaper now than when I rolled up 20 years ago ,at the time the time the waiting list was roughly 7 years depending on how harsh the winter had been...😏 if you know what I mean...
    You can have tradition ,but if nobody is out hitting wee white balls or standing at the bar your fu###d .

How Muirfield has not been shut down is an embarrassment....I genuinely like golf but hate 95% of people that play it because all they speak about is golf even if they are really bad at it ,listening to advice from someone who plays off 20....nah...
    Boys with high hcaps tend to be successful but apart from that I do love golf.

Boys with high hcaps tend to be successful but apart from that I do love golf.
    Guys shooting high 70’s low 80’s at campy shouldn’t be playing off HC of 20 or more ,don’t know how it works now but throwing in a couple of poor scores before an open was blatant cheating especially from a sport where if your caught improving your lie it’s sine die....👍

Guys shooting high 70’s low 80’s at campy shouldn’t be playing off HC of 20 or more ,don’t know how it works now but throwing in a couple of poor scores before an open was blatant cheating especially from a sport where if your caught improving your lie it’s sine die....👍
    I doubt anyone shooting high 70’s low 80’s is playing off 20. A couple of poor scores before a competition doesn’t make a great deal of difference.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    I doubt anyone shooting high 70’s low 80’s is playing off 20. A couple of poor scores before a competition doesn’t make a great deal of difference.
    It was going on then that’s for sure ,boys on single HC had no chance....

It was going on then that’s for sure ,boys on single HC had no chance....
    Anyone shooting those scores would be cut quickly and by a big margin.

The handicap commitee should be cutting folk that continually do that at the end of the season ....rule whatever, I can't mind now.

I think the new handicap system will be better but whether they introduce it in Nov now or delay it I'm not sure.

The handicap commitee should be cutting folk that continually do that at the end of the season ....rule whatever, I can't mind now.

I think the new handicap system will be better but whether they introduce it in Nov now or delay it I'm not sure.
    Don’t think they’ll be any competitive golf this season so money on it being delayed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)