+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: More delays as L1 tries to find a solution.

Stressing me!

Sounds like posh fans now resigned to missing out

https://twitter.com/hashtag/pufc?f=live

It says we need 51% of the vote to push it through. So obviously ourselves and Coventry will vote yes, leaving us needing 10 others. So whatever way the 6 Vote
    we should have enough shouldn’t we?

Well I've consulted my legal team and I am going to sue the mods of this board.

Early curtailment of the pick five winners league puts me in the bottom 3 and relegated. However if season is completed behind closed doors I can overtake Millertop and Brin.

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    It says we need 51% of the vote to push it through. So obviously ourselves and Coventry will vote yes, leaving us needing 10 others. So whatever way the 6 Vote
    I reckon there should be enough. Remember there are only 23 teams in the league so we need 12 votes. Apart from us and Cov I would expect Wycombe to vote as well with us because they would have 3rd spot which would mean a play off pos at worst and a very good chance of the autos if no play off games as seems likely. Bolton wont want to lose any more money. Rochdale have already said they want the season to end. Wimbledon are only just out of the bottom 3 so they will want an end to it. Burton have just got shut of Cloughie and are struggling financially. Shrews/ MK Dons/ Accy/ Lincoln/ nowt to play for. Don't forget as well that some top teams eg Oxford, Prtsmouth, Fleetwood might edge their bets a bit if they know they will have chance of a play off place. They wont want to risk being seeing as the leagues shyte house clubs for wanting to play the season on at the risk of other clubs going bust.

Even if the vote does go for carrying on playing the EfL has said that the other rules already mentioned would then take effect if the season couldn't start again which is very likely.

Its looking good for us but it would be nice to get it quickly rubber stamped and we can all have a bottle of summat at home...!
    Last edited by rolymiller; 21-05-2020 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Well I've consulted my legal team and I am going to sue the mods of this board.

Early curtailment of the pick five winners league puts me in the bottom 3 and relegated. However if season is completed behind closed doors I can overtake Millertop and Brin.
    I can confirm the pick 5 season will be completed behind closed doors with Brin and me using a set of Howzat! like dice to determine the results. In no way will the results be manipulated in what is now known as "Posh syndrome" to ensure I win the league and Brin comes 2nd. Honestly!

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Eeeee iiiiii addio the reds are going up!
    Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    Yes, I can see this being a tighter vote than what people believe.
    Some clubs are playing their cards close to their chest.
    Did hear Gillingham wanted to finish the season

I dont think it will be close at all .. I think we will be promoted without kicking another ball .. millers cov ..will want it .. the play off teams will. wycombe. Oxford. Portsmouth and Fleetwood. They have a chance to go up why run the risk of missing out on the play offs if the season continues.. bolton and southend. Are down they will want to end it .as they dont have the money to continue.. Wimbledon. Rochdale. Mk Don's Shrewsbury will want it as they may go down if its continued and I'm sure a few mid table sides will want it ..

Looks like Clough stepped down at Burton to save the club money.

Interesting call for clubs with nothing to play for whether theyll financially better off playing the remaining games or not.

It means absolutely nothing but I’ve got it at 14-9 in our favour. That is a lot tighter than I originally thought.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast