+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: More delays as L1 tries to find a solution.

I’ll settle for 12-11

My money is on 20-3

It's a bit irrelevant as if clubs vote to play the remaining games they don't have too. There's no penalty except loosing the points. Huge potential for match fixing imo

Lincoln wanted to carry on playing
    https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/s...laying-4128848

Is wonder if we will see a return of the pay as you play contracts that were popular with aging pros a few years back

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    They do but it has to be concluded by 31st July. Urm not going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    I think he's delusional if he thinks fans of Lincoln City or any club like them with nothing to play for will cough up to watch meaningless games being streamed into their living rooms. The draw for most of watching their team (and I'd guess it's the same for the majority of RUFC fans) is the 'Saturday afternoon experience' of meeting up with friends and family, having a laugh/cry and watching live football.

Starting a new season afresh under such circumstances might be a bit more palatable if there's light at the end of the tunnel but even then I think there's going to be big problems.

Most folk have been saying it a while. End the season. Delay next season start to September and cancel the Mickey mouse cups.

I think he is hoping they might get some revenue from the screening, but it's not going to cover the running costs. How do you put a price on the health of the players, officials and all the other staff required to play a 'game' of football.

Like some of the other teams that have been quoted as wanting to carry on for the integrity of the game. Maybe they think it makes them look better.

There are so many other factors that already go against the integrity of the game before this that no one is bothered about.

I know it's all been said before but numerous people associated with Pboro don't think Rotherham deserve, or have earned, promotion.

But they think they have an entitlement to promotion and yet they haven't been good enough to place themselves in the adjusted playoffs.

Fortunately the efl appear to have seen through their flawed logic and astonishing irony of what they are saying

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast