+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: EFL update

EFL update

Seems that the EFL have finally taken a stance - albeit with the proviso that all divisions agree and that the majoriy of clubs agree. Although that may change if anybody really objects.

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/may/ef...avirus-update2

Quote Originally Posted by Teammoo View Post
    Seems that the EFL have finally taken a stance - albeit with the proviso that all divisions agree and that the majoriy of clubs agree. Although that may change if anybody really objects.

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/may/ef...avirus-update2
    Thanks for that link TM and wonder if the majority and its just a simple majority apparently of each league rather than individual clubs making it an issue like some did and I suppose it is possible that the league fixtures could continue if that is the preferred option by the EFL and the fact that the PL are going to start and probably the Championship too and they have started football again in the Bundesleague (Germany) may get people to have a rethink and especially as the virus seems to be getting more under control. With the lower leagues the finance seems to be the determining factor with no gate revenue and having to fund testing for players although I can't see that would cost that much though but I'm not an expert. I have a free one going LOL...

My guess is L1 will follow L2 though and in any scenario it means we get promoted, so job well done and L1 awaits hey! I wonder if the start will be as usual in early August though?

The way I read it a majority of clubs in each division is required to decide that destiny of that division, so L2 is decided. However, the EFL want promotion, play offs and relegation to take place as usual. So that’s good news for the Mighty Alex and bad news for Stevenage.

I agree that the Championship looks set to go ahead, unless more clubs join Hull (no self interest there!) but L1 is closer to call. However, with only 23 clubs in the division at least it can’t be a tie. Watch that space!

I'm glad that EFL have effectively supported the common sense of L2. I also agree with relegation. Hopefully the National League will be able to sort out two promoted teams ( 1 of which should defo be Barrow).
    For L1, hopefully the loud self-interested group don't proceed with the lawyers

Tranmere are also opposed - invested in players during January and on a decent run before the Leagues were suspended. Whilst on the subject of League One, I took my daily exercise and jogged to where Wimbledon's new ground is being built. Looks impressive and is costing a small fortune. Wimbledon are just above Tranmere in the league and will not want to open the ground having been relegated to League Two.