+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Will you be clapping tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Maybe, but a government with dynamism, forward thinking and a strong and decisive leadership are far more likely to win the war than a government with an indecisive, bumbling bullsh!tter in charge.

Guess which government we've got?
    Anyone know where Boris goes from Wednesday to Wednesday?

A time of national crisis with daily updates being given. Today was the tenth day on the trot that he sent out one of his ministers. He seems to hide - how many meetings of Cobra did he miss at the start? The reason given was that PMs often don't go - what is the reason this time? The answer imo is that he cannot think on his feet and struggles when asked any challenging questions. I

He's supposed to be a charismatic leader - time to step up to the plate and show us whether he really is, or whether Dominic Cummings is pulling the strings as it would appear.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post

Not sure but I did see him at PMQs the other day, so he's still around

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Not sure but I did see him at PMQs the other day, so he's still around
    That is what I meant by Wednesday - Wednesday!

We clap and it shows support, it's just people's way of showing they care, no harm in it. I'm sure this doctor is an amazing public servant and we're very lucky to have them but this paragraph makes them sound like a prick.

Are we still allowed to complain about poor resources and potentially unsafe working conditions now we’ve had clapping, rainbows, free doughnuts and a centenarian walking round his garden for us? How dare we?

Of course you are, calm down dear.

That is what I meant by Wednesday - Wednesday!
    Haha, good point!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    We clap and it shows support, it's just people's way of showing they care, no harm in it. I'm sure this doctor is an amazing public servant and we're very lucky to have them but this paragraph makes them sound like a prick.

Are we still allowed to complain about poor resources and potentially unsafe working conditions now we’ve had clapping, rainbows, free doughnuts and a centenarian walking round his garden for us? How dare we?

Of course you are, calm down dear.
    I mean, you could say they sound like a prick, or you could say that they are concerned more about genuine support for stuff that might keep them alive rather than symbolic gestures. Seen as it's their life they are risking, not yours or mine, I think they can say pretty much what they feel without being called a prick for doing so.

There was a story a few days back about some health staff being hauled in front of management because they had been complaining on social media etc about insufficient or poor quality PPE and they were being told to keep their mouths shut, so it's not necessarily quite "of course you are", is it?

A time of national crisis with daily updates being given. Today was the tenth day on the trot that he sent out one of his ministers. He seems to hide - how many meetings of Cobra did he miss at the start? The reason given was that PMs often don't go - what is the reason this time? The answer imo is that he cannot think on his feet and struggles when asked any challenging questions. I

He's supposed to be a charismatic leader - time to step up to the plate and show us whether he really is, or whether Dominic Cummings is pulling the strings as it would appear.
    11th day.

The Boris backers on here have gone missing too.

Perhaps they are all together somewhere?

11th day.

Maybe he's learned from watching the 'Donald Show' briefings across the pond that it's better to leave it to the experts? Just a theory.

... he's probably quite busy - you know, out of sight, working to end this war (of sorts). He doesn't have to appear to be busy, you know, like Libour, running about finding faults with 100% Hindsight. In fact Libour don't have to do much at all, when P. Lord Haw-Haw Morgan does all the lemming whipping for them ...

11th day.

They will be breaking lockdown rules if they are. I've said before, in the current climate you would have to very stupid ( I suppose we can forgive you)) to question why someone isn't posting at the moment.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast