+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Will you be clapping tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    They will be breaking lockdown rules if they are. I've said before, in the current climate you would have to very stupid ( I suppose we can forgive you)) to question why someone isn't posting at the moment.
    Who questioned why someone isn't posting? Not me.

I simply noted that the Boris backers have gone missing.

Still, any reason to call me stupid again!

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Who questioned why someone isn't posting? Not me.

I simply noted that the Boris backers have gone missing.

Still, any reason to call me stupid again!
    Maybe because some of the "Boris backers" are ill. I didn't call you stupid.

Maybe because some of the "Boris backers" are ill. I didn't call you stupid.
    That is what you inferred!

Of course some may be ill, and I hope they recover very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... he's probably quite busy - you know, out of sight, working to end this war (of sorts). He doesn't have to appear to be busy, you know, like Libour, running about finding faults with 100% Hindsight. In fact Libour don't have to do much at all, when P. Lord Haw-Haw Morgan does all the lemming whipping for them ...
    You appear to be running out of excuses for the abject performance of our Prime Minister Mr Horse. It doesn't really matter if opposition parties and a few on here appear to be acting with hindsight, but it's a big, big problem when we have a government acting with hindsight. It means that many people are losing their life before their time due to decisions taken a couple of weeks or months too late.

Lockdown - just wash your hands a lot, we're Brits so we'll get through this easily. Oops, everyone stay at home, this is actually serious.
    Testing - the W.H.O. are saying "test, test, test", but we're Brits so we'll get through this easily. Oops, testing is very important, let's do it.
    Foreign arrivals - we're Brits so we'll get through this easily, let them come in in their millions without so much as a temperature check. Oops, it seems that us allowing them in unchecked may be spreading the virus quicker, we'd better quarantine arrivals for 14 days.
    PPE - we're Brits so we'll get through this easily, we don't need things like masks. Oops, some of our front line workers are dying because they can't get adequate PPE, so we'd better order some. Sh!t, just looked on ebay and it's nearly all gone! No problem, we've found a market trader in Turkey who has promised he can sort it, and a poster on NCM says that his 3 mates have got PPE, so we're ok on that one.
    Care homes - we're Brits so we'll get through this easily, no need for special measures. Oops, we've just realised that this virus is most deadly to the elderly with underlying medical conditions. After an exhaustive two month survey we've carried out, it appears that many of those who reside in care homes are elderly with underlying medical conditions, so we'd better do something.

Boris knew the answer however, he told us to "STAY ALERT". Don't you just love strong leadership?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    You appear to be running out of excuses for the abject performance of our Prime Minister Mr Horse. It doesn't really matter if opposition parties and a few on here appear to be acting with hindsight, but it's a big, big problem when we have a government acting with hindsight. It means that many people are losing their life before their time due to decisions taken a couple of weeks or months too late.

Lockdown - just wash your hands a lot, we're Brits so we'll get through this easily. Oops, everyone stay at home, this is actually serious.
    Testing - the W.H.O. are saying "test, test, test", but we're Brits so we'll get through this easily. Oops, testing is very important, let's do it.
    Foreign arrivals - we're Brits so we'll get through this easily, let them come in in their millions without so much as a temperature check. Oops, it seems that us allowing them in unchecked may be spreading the virus quicker, we'd better quarantine arrivals for 14 days.
    PPE - we're Brits so we'll get through this easily, we don't need things like masks. Oops, some of our front line workers are dying because they can't get adequate PPE, so we'd better order some. Sh!t, just looked on ebay and it's nearly all gone! No problem, we've found a market trader in Turkey who has promised he can sort it, and a poster on NCM says that his 3 mates have got PPE, so we're ok on that one.
    Care homes - we're Brits so we'll get through this easily, no need for special measures. Oops, we've just realised that this virus is most deadly to the elderly with underlying medical conditions. After an exhaustive two month survey we've carried out, it appears that many of those who reside in care homes are elderly with underlying medical conditions, so we'd better do something.

Boris knew the answer however, he told us to "STAY ALERT". Don't you just love strong leadership?
    Nice to see one of our "Boris backers" is safe and well.

I didn't think anyone could offer less to political discussions on here than Soccerman, but you are providing serious opposition.

I didn't think anyone could offer less to political discussions on here than Soccerman, but you are providing serious opposition.
    I'll take that as a compliment.

I'll take that as a compliment.
    To add. When do you ever engage in "political dissusions ",all you ever do is get on yer soapbox.

To add. When do you ever engage in "political dissusions ",all you ever do is get on yer soapbox.
    I don't know what political dissusions are, but I think I can see where you are going wrong. What you describe as "getting on yer soapbox" is actually offering a personal opinion on the topic. You very rarely do that, instead you just make petty digs against posters you don't like. Try and forget who said it, if you have to keep posting then say why you agree or disagree with what's been said. That's how adult discussion works.

I don't know what political dissusions are, but I think I can see where you are going wrong. What you describe as "getting on yer soapbox" is actually offering a personal opinion on the topic. You very rarely do that, instead you just make petty digs against posters you don't like. Try and forget who said it, if you have to keep posting then say why you agree or disagree with what's been said. That's how adult discussion works.
    Thanks for putting me right, you really are a helpful chap.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast