+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: O/T:- Will you be clapping tonight?

Someone has suggested a 7.55 booing on Thursday as a protest against the conmen and charlatans who happen to be ‘running’ this country.

I’ll definitely join in that.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    No don't agree, alot of people clap to show support whilst at the same time donate to the NHS, support them and care workers in wage increases, stay isolated and don't have street parties and are dismayed at the cuts the tories have made over the years of austerity. There's no need to say 'how dare we complain? to the people who are clapping as in most cases they are behind the NHS and its workers whilst observing isolation. Anyway it's the last week so they'll be happy.
    Silly me, I didn't realise the NHS was now a charity to donate to. I thought it was paid for by national insurance and other taxes that various buddies of our politicians don't bother paying.

I think the doctor in question has as much right to be annoyed at sanctimony in place of actual protection against the virus when exposed to symptoms on a daily basis as you do to be patronising to him or her with your "calm down dears". If they feel their life is in danger, they should feel they can shout about it as much as they like.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    No don't agree, alot of people clap to show support whilst at the same time donate to the NHS, support them and care workers in wage increases, stay isolated and don't have street parties and are dismayed at the cuts the tories have made over the years of austerity. There's no need to say 'how dare we complain? to the people who are clapping as in most cases they are behind the NHS and its workers whilst observing isolation. Anyway it's the last week so they'll be happy.
    Crazy Fists, I like you a lot as a poster but I think you've got this one wrong in that you're not seeing the bigger picture. The Tory elite are delighted with this clapping ritual because to them it means people are happy with the status quo. Charity often forestalls change because the people who should be bringing about that change think that people's generosity will fill the gaps - not for long it won't.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456