+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hewitson's Views

Hewitson's Views

Queen of the South say restarting football 'financial suicide' - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52758938

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Queen of the South say restarting football 'financial suicide' - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52758938

hewitson getting slaughtered on other clubs social media sites for these views lol .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    hewitson getting slaughtered on other clubs social media sites for these views lol .

He’s absolutely bang on though.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    I am in agreement with his views also.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Refreshing to hear Hewitson's views which have been reported on a national basis with support from most of those clubs in similar positions to that of Queens. Talk is now pointing to resuming in January next year when hopefully the situation will have improved sufficiently to allow supporters into grounds. As Hewitson has correctly stated football without supporters is financially unsustainable.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Refreshing to hear Hewitson's views which have been reported on a national basis with support from most of those clubs in similar positions to that of Queens. Talk is now pointing to resuming in January next year when hopefully the situation will have improved sufficiently to allow supporters into grounds. As Hewitson has correctly stated football without supporters is financially unsustainable.

yea i get hewitsons stance but this stance and the stances of the other clubs that dont agree with hewitson differs greatly ,ie this is why scottish football is the self preservation league ,voting powers need to be taken away from clubs and the spfl needs disbanded and the sfa should step up to the plate and make the decisions ,i think scottish football is being held back by the lower league clubs ambitionless just there to make up the numbers quite happy to live out there existence feeding of the tv and sfa handouts season onto season and open it up to let in your auchelechs pollocks and broras with bags of cash and ambition to replace them ,then youl see scottish football start rising again .

yea i get hewitsons stance but this stance and the stances of the other clubs that dont agree with hewitson differs greatly ,ie this is why scottish football is the self preservation league ,voting powers need to be taken away from clubs and the spfl needs disbanded and the sfa should step up to the plate and make the decisions ,i think scottish football is being held back by the lower league clubs ambitionless just there to make up the numbers quite happy to live out there existence feeding of the tv and sfa handouts season onto season and open it up to let in your auchelechs pollocks and broras with bags of cash and ambition to replace them ,then youl see scottish football start rising again .
    Francis, have you been smoking funny things, or maybe taking something which you shouldn't have?

I only hope to God that you have, because if not, you have just written the most ridiculous post ever, - which is saying something for you!

Billy Hewitson is 100% correct and only a fool would part with any money at this time.

Without appearing smug, I warned you 2 to 3 months ago that this virus was much more serious than anyone believed and yet, despite all that has happened, - people like you are becoming complacent and thinking that we can just start all over again!

Apart from perhaps Celtic (at the moment) no club in Scotland can risk taking on any type of debt unless it is underwritten, - and who would do that?

I'm not sure if you are aware that the lower leagues are considering shutting up shop altogether?

Francis you need to wake up, the time for fairy stories is over, we are now in the middle of a real life nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Francis, have you been smoking funny things, or maybe taking something which you shouldn't have?

I only hope to God that you have, because if not, you have just written the most ridiculous post ever, - which is saying something for you!

Billy Hewitson is 100% correct and only a fool would part with any money at this time.

Without appearing smug, I warned you 2 to 3 months ago that this virus was much more serious than anyone believed and yet, despite all that has happened, - people like you are becoming complacent and thinking that we can just start all over again!

Apart from perhaps Celtic (at the moment) no club in Scotland can risk taking on any type of debt unless it is underwritten, - and who would do that?

I'm not sure if you are aware that the lower leagues are considering shutting up shop altogether?

Francis you need to wake up, the time for fairy stories is over, we are now in the middle of a real life nightmare.

im not surprised that you are a million miles off what im saying and im merely pointing out the bid difference between what hewitsons views are being seen by other clubs alot agree with them but alot are against and where in my statement have i said that im ready just to start all over again ? im sticking to this rigidly and im thinking people are going back to work far far too soon ,im talking once this football eventually gets started back up there needs to be massive change to stop scottish footballs self preservation system .
    ,and you come across as one morbid guy jardi
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 24-05-2020 at 01:58 PM.

im not surprised that you are a million miles off what im saying and im merely pointing out the bid difference between what hewitsons views are being seen by other clubs alot agree with them but alot are against and where in my statement have i said that im ready just to start all over again ? im sticking to this rigidly and im thinking people are going back to work far far too soon ,im talking once this football eventually gets started back up there needs to be massive change to stop scottish footballs self preservation system .
    ,and you come across as one morbid guy jardi
    Well that's as clear as mud then!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)