+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who Am I Quiz (No 60)

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Niall Quinn
    Well done!

I am Niall Quinn

If I'd have taken my first offer my career could have gone in a totally different direction. I was offered a professional contract to play Australian Rules Football.

My managerial career was short and not very sweet. 6 games at Sunderland, 1 win and 5 losses.

In one game I did something that has rarely, if ever, been emulated. I scored a goal and saved a penalty in the same game playing for Man City. I'd gone in goal after Tony Coton had been sent off conceding the penalty.

I played alongside someone who obliterated a record I had set. Robbie Keane for Ireland. I'd broken Frank Stapleton's record with my 21st goal, Robbie went on to score 68!

I played at the top level in 3 decades but only have one medal to show for it. A League Cup winner's medal with Arsenal.

It's probably fair to say I've received many more accolades since retiring from playing than I did whilst I was. Raised 1M for charity with my testimonial, patron of Sir Bobby Robson Foundation, literary award from Dublin University, MBE.

I represented my country at more than one World Cup. Ireland in 1990 and 2002.

The day an English footballing legend died, I missed out on a medal in one of the most exciting finishes ever seen. Don Revie died the same night Arsenal beat Liverpool in the last 30s of the 1989 season to win their first title in 18 years. I only played in 3 games that season so didn't get a medal.

Unpublished clues

My first club bought a good boy from Leicester City who kept me out of the side for 3 seasons before I decided to make a move. No not Gary Lineker, Alan Smith who only had one booking throughout his career.

I've been fairly successful in my business pursuits. I have.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    You're supposed to solve the clues and come up with a name Ericslad That's a bit like watching an Agatha Christie film, printing out the cast list and saying there you go I solved it, except in this case you got the wrong cast list. Casper got the right one
    Put & named all Liverpools team, thought got to be one of them Cam, be it they didn't get a winners medal, worthy winner Frank Casper, well done, ( Frank Casper when he scored that winner at Hillsborough for the Millers, absolutely p*ssed it down that night. )

Tbh I thought it was Niall Quinn earlier than I put it up.
    Should have gone with my first instincts.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123