+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lock down - The Best And Worst!

Lock down - The Best And Worst!

This pandemic has certainly brought the best out of a lot of people - others helping each other. Capt Tom etc.

It’s also brought the worst in many people and businesses - greed, self interest, and attacks on key workers. Customer service in many companies and rude staff now seems the norm because of Coronavirus. When phoning a company it’s now the norm to get a stupid - due to a huge volume of calls etc etc your call may get answered at Xmas!!

Insurance companies are treating people like s hit too with not paying out claims or just not responding after months! Is this fair!!

Some companies have become ultra efficient with staff working from home etc whilst the majority are still happy to take orders and money and give a s hit service. We all applaud safety but can’t see why some shops bother to open if they operate like the gestapo and are rude!

I do think the economy must get going again soon otherwise it will crash big time. Would it not be easier to look at deaths by age and underlying health conditions and ask all these people to stay at home - it must be 95% and yes it includes myself!

Trips to the tip and b and q have seen a huge amount of very elderly people there - is it not best to stay at home! Looking at the Sweden model which I thought was risky - seems it’s not been bad at all!

The self quarantine rule on entry to the country - fantastic but should this not happened early April?

Lastly - thugs who abuse key workers should be made an example of by spending a long time behind bars!

The best - our NHS and everyone involved in the food chain from production, distribution, selling and bin collection of waste

The worst - the Media, I have never seen such negative reporting and headline seeking stories.

The inbetweenies - the Government. Some very good things and some not so good. Let's hope that we learn from the errors should another pandemic arise.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    The best - our NHS and everyone involved in the food chain from production, distribution, selling and bin collection of waste

The worst - the Media, I have never seen such negative reporting and headline seeking stories.

The inbetweenies - the Government. Some very good things and some not so good. Let's hope that we learn from the errors should another pandemic arise.
    'Negative reporting'

Tell me, if you were a journalist how would you report Europe's worst death toll more positively?

And if WWII happened today we would be demanding.........

More clarity on the 'Dig For Victory For Victory' slogan. It's too ambiguous.

Why are you not doing more to prevent these air raids?

Do the sirens apply to everyone?

There are only male and female toilets n the air raid shelter and I don't identify with either.

My gas mask has a leather strap and I'm a vegan.

Why can't I have almond milk on my ration card?

I find the term 'Black Out' offensive.

The lack of colour choice of our military uniforms is so oppressive.

Why did we not have sufficient stock of Spitfires at the start of this conflict? And why so few trained pilots?

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post

There are only male and female toilets n the air raid shelter and I don't identify with either.

Why did we not have sufficient stock of Spitfires at the start of this conflict? And why so few trained pilots?
    Brilliant! I've forwarded this to many of my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    'Negative reporting'

Tell me, if you were a journalist how would you report Europe's worst death toll more positively?
    That's an easy one, We're beating the Germans' 😊 .

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    'Negative reporting'

I'd start by comparing apples with apples!

Quality!

9g2h3p, I doff my cap to you sir.
    Last edited by The Minn Junta; 22-05-2020 at 05:11 PM.

Nice one 923! 😂

To be honest I agree. The vast majority of deaths are elderly people, those with underlying health issues, or the obese. Now I know we have a free society but surely it makes sense to say to the elderly and vulnerable ‘stay indoors and isolate” or you risk catching the f**ker and then there is a chance you will die. Then channel a large chunk of the resources at helping them - food, healthcare, social, support....but let everyone else get back to work, school or whatever. In the long run this helps everyone.....including the elderly and vulnerable. We have managed this crisis so badly and turned it into a scientific experiment.... and soon it’s going to be an economic crisis with all these people coming off furlough schemes....when what was needed was practical common sense......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)