+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Meadow Lane Capacity - Social distancing

Not enough available seats to meet the demand is not a new concept in football. They can solve that problem in the same way they do when we receive a tiny allocations of away stand tickets. If it isn't viable for Notts then that's not going to prevent the likes of Man Utd from experimenting.

Many of the front pages this morning are practically screaming for people to head to the beaches and I think there's been talk of pubs opening in July. Once one barrier breaks under the stampede, they'll head for the next one and smash through that, potentially with disastrous consequences. All football can do is at least appear to be acting responsibly. We may be way ahead of ourselves in bringing this up, but the way things are going I can see the football authorities being pressured into having the discussion much sooner than we think. Limited capacities will be a much better look than a free for all. Waiting indefinitely for it to be all over is living in a nether-netherland.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post

Something you might not have thought have, and may even laugh at and dismiss is that I understand that if churches re-open in July, singing may not be allowed as that could be high-risk. So, no singing everyone!
    It's actually a pretty sensibile rule!

https://youtu.be/biVhVshh1yY

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Not enough available seats to meet the demand is not a new concept in football. They can solve that problem in the same way they do when we receive a tiny allocations of away stand tickets. If it isn't viable for Notts then that's not going to prevent the likes of Man Utd from experimenting.

Many of the front pages this morning are practically screaming for people to head to the beaches and I think there's been talk of pubs opening in July. Once one barrier breaks under the stampede, they'll head for the next one and smash through that, potentially with disastrous consequences. All football can do is at least appear to be acting responsibly. We may be way ahead of ourselves in bringing this up, but the way things are going I can see the football authorities being pressured into having the discussion much sooner than we think. Limited capacities will be a much better look than a free for all. Waiting indefinitely for it to be all over is living in a nether-netherland.
    Your comment about the papers is simply not true.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-52779637

One has a report about British summer holidays and another (The Daily Star!) about the weather. Others have things about foreign holidays but not one is 'practically screaming for people to head for the beaches'

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Oi! I’ve already got the rights to this, see post #4!
    Sorry mate I didn't spot that,however I still think it could be a earner. When crowds are eventually allowed in I suspect that most will be wearing masks, you can only guess at how many the likes of Man U could sell at a tenner each if they were made distinctive. COYP

Your comment about the papers is simply not true.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-52779637

One has a report about British summer holidays and another (The Daily Star!) about the weather. Others have things about foreign holidays but not one is 'practically screaming for people to head for the beaches'
    I think you're being a little pedantic there and have missed the point.

I think you're being a little pedantic there and have missed the point.
    It is not being pedantic when you claim something to back up your view but it's not true.

Waiting indefinitely for it to be all over is living in a nether-netherland.
    Is that near Bel-Belgium UTM?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 23-05-2020 at 11:03 AM.

It is not being pedantic when you claim something to back up your view but it's not true.
    I suggest you familiarise yourself with the term "practically" and not take everything so literally, this forum becomes tedious enough (political cat fights) without people attempting to score cheap points over such minutiae. Front page headlines relating to hot weather, foreign holidays and beaches isn't exactly going to encourage people to stay indoors is it.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    Sorry mate I didn't spot that,however I still think it could be a earner. When crowds are eventually allowed in I suspect that most will be wearing masks, you can only guess at how many the likes of Man U could sell at a tenner each if they were made distinctive. COYP
    Absolutely, someone will make a killing.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Absolutely, someone will make a killing.
    Yes indeed. Not just entrepreneurs and opportunists either. Many clubs in the UK and EU have been selling 'official' club versions online for a while already, creating a welcome new income stream. Haven't seen any Notts ones yet though. A few examples below just from a quick Google including Portsmouth, Bradford, Plymouth Argyle, Posh, Tranmere etc.

Name:  cubmasks.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  22.6 KB
    Last edited by SwalePie; 23-05-2020 at 11:22 AM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast