+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sad News.

Sad News.

Uncle Steve, a long time poster on this board until a few years ago has passed away. Some of you still on here would have known him from our 'Bluebrick Crew' days. Wokes certainly will have known him.

plates...will you let folk on facebook know that I am really sad at this news.

used to pick uncle steve up at featherstone and take him to the meet at the bluebrick with the others.

greavsey

Quote Originally Posted by theplater View Post
    Uncle Steve, a long time poster on this board until a few years ago has passed away. Some of you still on here would have known him from our 'Bluebrick Crew' days. Wokes certainly will have known him.
    Sad news indeed. Exchanged posts with him many times and met him once at the Brick. Nice guy, ebullient personality, got a photo somewhere of Steve, my sister and myself outside the pub. Seemed like a great guy and will, I am sure be badly missed by his friends and loved ones.

RIP Steve.

Done Greavsey. I've put it on my own thread.

Very sad news. As Woody Said "Seemed like a great guy and will, I am sure be badly missed by his friends and loved ones."

RIP Steve.

Was he the one with the hat? Was it a homburg?

Do we know anything about the circumstances?

Thanks for letting us know Plater. Very sad to hear. Uncle Steve was one of the first I met at the Blue Brick, Always happy to chat and share some stories from his days as a Prison Warder. I remember his distinctive black hat that he wore at games.

Yet another of the Wolves family to depart the terraces.
    RIP Steve.

I had the pleasure of meeting Steve when he came with us on the Baggie Barge, and i have been friends with him on FB for years.
    He was what i call a proper bloke, tough, but with a great sense of humour and never took himself seriously.
    He was not the type of person who would feel sorry for himself.
    I knew he had been having health issues but i never thought it was serious because he said he was OK.
    It came as a terrible shock when I heard he had passed.
    He will be missed by myself and others whose lives he touched.
    Sleep tight Steve.

Sorry to hear this news. RIP Steve

I didn't know Uncle Steve, other than from his occasional comments on this forum, however, to those of you who knew him as a mate and to his family and friends may I extend my sincere condolences. May he rest in peace.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)