+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Self Quarantine - 14 Days

Self Quarantine - 14 Days

Don't get this!!!!!! Why the f uck was this not done prior to the peak in April - everything too slow!

So this self quarantine will basically hammer even more businesses - tourists that were hoping to go away, and any tourists/business people coming in. So airlines/tour operators will be knocked for six even more which is crazy!

I sincerely hope this self quarantine extends to footballers too - so no jetting off to Dubai or pre-season camps! Then again why would anyone care about a £1,000 fine on over 50 grand a week so perhaps the fine needs to be a percentage of a salary over 100K a year!!!

Mick - any availability in your gaff in Tenby for a few of our players

PS - on a different note - UK customs impounding many goods coming into the country to kill what business there is with UK companies. Perhaps we should look at ways of sending our goods/boxes with the many hundreds of migrants that come in daily on dinghies. You could not make this up

Rule Britannia

I've been in self quarantine since the last week of March. In that time I have had one trip out, to the doctors for a blood test. Just me and the wife, 24/7. Our daughter does our shopping. Brings it inside our gate then shoots off. For the first few weeks I went for a daily walk around local fields but latest advice says don't do that.
    Daytime TV is pretty ****e isn't it?

I stayed isolated for 9 weeks but due to s mixture of chaos at work with the number of orders coming in and the fact it was starting to drive me nuts.

I’m careful and I distance as much as I can and keep my hands clean but I’ve accepted I might well catch it if indeed I’ve not already had it.

My taste buds have been a bit strange at times so hopefully I’ve had it but if not then I’ll take my chances.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    I've been in self quarantine since the last week of March. In that time I have had one trip out, to the doctors for a blood test. Just me and the wife, 24/7. Our daughter does our shopping. Brings it inside our gate then shoots off. For the first few weeks I went for a daily walk around local fields but latest advice says don't do that.
    Daytime TV is pretty ****e isn't it?
    How did you manage to go for a daily walk around the fields with only one trip out Chris'? Must have been a bloody long walk........

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Don't get this!!!!!! Why the f uck was this not done prior to the peak in April - everything too slow!

So this self quarantine will basically hammer even more businesses - tourists that were hoping to go away, and any tourists/business people coming in. So airlines/tour operators will be knocked for six even more which is crazy!

I sincerely hope this self quarantine extends to footballers too - so no jetting off to Dubai or pre-season camps! Then again why would anyone care about a £1,000 fine on over 50 grand a week so perhaps the fine needs to be a percentage of a salary over 100K a year!!!

Mick - any availability in your gaff in Tenby for a few of our players

PS - on a different note - UK customs impounding many goods coming into the country to kill what business there is with UK companies. Perhaps we should look at ways of sending our goods/boxes with the many hundreds of migrants that come in daily on dinghies. You could not make this up

Rule Britannia
    Ludicrous and idiotic decision! Better say ”closed borders” - business men coming over for meetings or tourists won’t come if they have to self quarantine for 14 days! The only ones who would are Britons returning home, and possibly people planning to stay for at least 6 months or so, eg students. ”Visit Britain” won’t be applauding this... Detrimental for business and economy to say the least...

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    Ludicrous and idiotic decision! Better say ”closed borders” - business men coming over for meetings or tourists won’t come if they have to self quarantine for 14 days! The only ones who would are Britons returning home, and possibly people planning to stay for at least 6 months or so, eg students. ”Visit Britain” won’t be applauding this... Detrimental for business and economy to say the least...

Thing is Swedish - how many will follow the rules now after Cummings! You could always say - you followed your instincts to protect your child when out and about during the 14 days quarantine!

In terms of overseas visitors to London - a visitor could leave the airport and possibly infect hundreds on the tube/public transport being even arriving at their accommodation. This self quarantine should have been in place before the Cheltenham event and Liverpool v Madrid match. As usual everything too late!

Beginning to think the Swedish model of herd immunity was not so bad after all! Deaths in Sweden per million of population still a lot lower than the UK so that tells a story!

Hope you are keeping well besides!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Thing is Swedish - how many will follow the rules now after Cummings! You could always say - you followed your instincts to protect your child when out and about during the 14 days quarantine!

In terms of overseas visitors to London - a visitor could leave the airport and possibly infect hundreds on the tube/public transport being even arriving at their accommodation. This self quarantine should have been in place before the Cheltenham event and Liverpool v Madrid match. As usual everything too late!

Beginning to think the Swedish model of herd immunity was not so bad after all! Deaths in Sweden per million of population still a lot lower than the UK so that tells a story!

Hope you are keeping well besides!
    I’m well thank you.

Hope you are well and on the mend too, mate!

What many scientific research studies show though, are that tourists/foreigners visiting a country are not the ones spreading the virus (to any larger extent) - inhabitants/residents of the country returning from abroad are the ones spreading it.

I myself, from an egotist point of view, worry about my summer in Cornwall. And, I’m of course aware of this being ”affluent luxury problems”.
    Last edited by SwedishBaggie; 26-05-2020 at 06:25 PM.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)