Get prepared for when football returns - Stock up on PPE now!
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Quarantine Yorkshire!

  1. #1

    Quarantine Yorkshire!

    Latest Tory bright idea is to quarantine Yorkshire. Sounds like a plan to me!

    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coron...cid=spartanntp

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,439
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Latest Tory bright idea is to quarantine Yorkshire. Sounds like a plan to me!

    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coron...cid=spartanntp
    You did fail to mention that the Honorable Member for Exeter is also in full agreement!
    Anyway, we northerners have always been seen as a threat in London so this is really no surprise. He is comparing Greeks coming into the country ---they open restaurants, however, we northerners would only open up shops dealing with Yorkshire Pudding or Black Pudding and they are far too cultured for the multi-cultured Londoners!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    You did fail to mention that the Honorable Member for Exeter is also in full agreement!
    Anyway, we northerners have always been seen as a threat in London so this is really no surprise. He is comparing Greeks coming into the country ---they open restaurants, however, we northerners would only open up shops dealing with Yorkshire Pudding or Black Pudding and they are far too cultured for the multi-cultured Londoners!
    You really could not make this sh-it up could you? Three months into a global pandemic and our lazy, useless and totally unfit for purpose Tory government, now think it would perhaps be a good idea to quarantine inbound air arrivals. FFS!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,439
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    You really could not make this sh-it up could you? Three months into a global pandemic and our lazy, useless and totally unfit for purpose Tory government, now think it would perhaps be a good idea to quarantine inbound air arrivals. FFS!
    BT --as I have always said. I know nothing about the virus apart from the ever-conflicting information which I see and hear on various media channels and in the continued poitical infighting which constantly drags the UK down --not just England!
    I use common sense when I go out, however, I am always philosophical about life and just don't worry about what may or may not happen, consequently, I never get uptight about what is spouted in Parliament or in the media.
    I can tell you lots about composing, playing and listening to lots of types of music, I can tell you lots about running an international specialised book and mail order business, however, I can tell you nothing about Covoid-19 except that I know that it can kill people, however, so can a bloke running riot with a shotgun in a shopping precinct.
    I can't stop him ---I can't stop the virus ----is it worth worrying about ----not on your life ---many people will worry themselves to death anyway ---que sera, sera.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    887
    I think Yorkshire should be designated as the ideal area to be used as a test ground for the virus.Leeds to be the first Club to allow fans to attend,International flights to use Leeds/Bradford airport,Headingley to host the first Test match and the local population be encouraged to wander freely round the Dales.A barrier could then be set up on the M62 until we have the results.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    4,994
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Latest Tory bright idea is to quarantine Yorkshire. Sounds like a plan to me!

    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coron...cid=spartanntp

    knobs like these are the true speraders of disease....with their sickening and unceasing prattle - It doesn't matter where you are, or where you've been /come from.....because, if your healthy and dont have a bug, why would anyone need to self-isolate, it's much like all those folk wearing the face masks....the idea was....that if you have a bug, then you wear one to help stop others from getting it.....you dont wear them if your fit and healthy....same as you dont hide in your house when there's nothing wrong with you - but anyway, as we've been told many times...this "bug" is mainly of concern to the high risk groups...just like any bad flu - people with ongoing health conditions, the vulnerable, those with weak immune systems etc....a Minority who it increasingly seems, are being weakened even further - - that being the bigger concern....those that aren't getting much needed health care - those around the world that are finding it increasingly difficult to put food on the table...meaning the longer they keep up this charade, the more they'll suffer...We'll all suffer !

    .


    .


    .







    ..



  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    I think Yorkshire should be designated as the ideal area to be used as a test ground for the virus.Leeds to be the first Club to allow fans to attend,International flights to use Leeds/Bradford airport,Headingley to host the first Test match and the local population be encouraged to wander freely round the Dales.A barrier could then be set up on the M62 until we have the results.
    Sounds like a plan to me barrie!

  8. #8
    knobs like these are the true speraders of disease....with their sickening and unceasing prattle - It doesn't matter where you are, or where you've been /come from.....because, if your healthy and dont have a bug, why would anyone need to self-isolate, it's much like all those folk wearing the face masks....the idea was....that if you have a bug, then you wear one to help stop others from getting it.....you dont wear them if your fit and healthy....same as you dont hide in your house when there's nothing wrong with you - but anyway, as we've been told many times...this "bug" is mainly of concern to the high risk groups...just like any bad flu - people with ongoing health conditions, the vulnerable, those with weak immune systems etc....a Minority who it increasingly seems, are being weakened even further - - that being the bigger concern....those that aren't getting much needed health care - those around the world that are finding it increasingly difficult to put food on the table...meaning the longer they keep up this charade, the more they'll suffer...We'll all suffer !

    Not very subtle, but spot on Norder. I think what you say is 100% accurate, the control and coercion being enforced over our global population is beyond Orwellian. Rise up!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •