+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FAO Frog

Thanks for the FB message, Sota. You'll have seen my reply, I hope. I'd be interested in more photos (and that's a good looking bridge you've just put up!.) I had an interesting exchange with his daughter where I was able to send her a couple of letters I'd scanned that Phil sent to me in 1962. His wife and mother (still alive) were so pleased to see them. We also both had separate photographs taken at the Listerdale School May Day in 1961 which were taken during a Maypole dance within seconds of each other by the official photographer...

CT/Sota - sorry to hear about the loss of your mutual acquaintance.

The agency I work for are into building bridges (or contracting it out). Luckily for them, I'm not involved in that part of the business. Here's an impressive lump of concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Funny you should say that MT, that's exactly what I built it for. It's in front of my house and I made it out of some old decking so the grandson and the local kids could play pooh sticks. Don't think it would be much use over The River Kwai though

Attachment 15856
    You need more water in that moat CAM

Z
    CT/Sota - sorry to hear about the loss of your mutual acquaintance.

The agency I work for are into building bridges (or contracting it out). Luckily for them, I'm not involved in that part of the business. Here's an impressive lump of concrete.

Thanks, CAM...

I'm finding the bridge projects on here increasingly ambitious...what's next!

On my last (actually, only,) visit to Seattle, I found the road system, almost incomprehensible - especially traveling on the north-south highways. I think you're bridge is on an east-west freeway but I hope it helps simplify things!

I was only asking Frog a question not everyone else

Only joking I can get interested in things like this but I was expecting something like this from Cam Name:  C497CDAC-2B3B-4AAC-9D24-85D864F28CDD.jpeg
Views: 212
Size:  87.7 KB
    not a pallet

Where’s Frog?

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I was only asking Frog a question not everyone else

Only joking I can get interested in things like this but I was expecting something like this from Cam Name:  C497CDAC-2B3B-4AAC-9D24-85D864F28CDD.jpeg
Views: 212
Size:  87.7 KB
    not a pallet
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    not a pallet
    As those who viewed the garden thread we had a while back would have noticed I'm only capable of the pallet design. This one's a bit more elaborate

Name:  Garden4.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  104.1 KB

As those who viewed the garden thread we had a while back would have noticed I'm only capable of the pallet design. This one's a bit more elaborate

Name:  Garden4.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  104.1 KB

That certainly is a better design and looks nice I’ll admit

That one is in my garden and is over a 'dry' creek so doesn't have to survive being submerged. The other one is technically on land that belongs to me but is actually over a stream that channels storm water by the side of the road. I built it out of scrap wood for my grandson and the local kids to play on who walk by with their parents/grandparents. In winter it is sometimes covered completely after heavy rain.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast