+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Should he stay or should he go? WARNING - POLITICAL THREAD!!!!

My instincts have always been opposite to the conservative's but at one time you could respect some of them, Major, Ken Clarke even Cameron, but this rabbling cackle of shysters remind me of the Nazi party inner circle.

Great performance by Boris.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Great performance by Boris.
    All he's done this afternoon is handcuff his fate, reputation and legacy to the ankles of Dominic Cummings.

Stephen Reicher - "As one of those involved in SPI-B, the Government advisory group on behavioural science, I can say that in a few short minutes tonight, Boris Johnson has trashed all the advice we have given on how to build trust and secure adherence to the measures necessary to control COVID-19.

Be open and honest, we said. Trashed.
    Respect the public, we said. Trashed
    Ensure equity, so everyone is treated the same, we said. Trashed.
    Be consistent we said. Trashed.
    Make clear 'we are all in it together'. Trashed."

https://twitter.com/ReicherStephen

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    All he's done this afternoon is handcuff his fate, reputation and legacy to the ankles of Dominic Cummings.
    Anyway, I'm off to visit my aunt in Barnard Castle. Nite nite.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    this rabbling cackle of shysters remind me of the Nazi party inner circle.
    Really?

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    "The problem in the UK now is basically we’ve got to get the laziest man in the world to fire the guy who secretly does his job."
    I would contest the word 'secretly' but the rest sounds about right.

... the hysteria continues. Nothing like freedom of speech. All good for some blood letting. Even the conservative wets pannicking. Time to sack a few of the politicised civil servants. Clear the swamp Boris ...

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Arrogant and insulting.

He acted reasonably and with integrity, went with his instinct as any father or parent would.

So those who sacrificed their instinct to follow the lockdown regulations have acted unreasonably and without integrity.
    Just when you wonder why Boris had gone into hiding, that performance explains the reasons why clearly and succinctly (just for you P4U). His ministers have ranged from poor to pathetic at the daily briefing, but they were all still a level above our 'leader'. If we had all acted on 'parental instinct', there would have been no lockdown. Parental instinct means that the vast majority of us would have visited our kids and grandkids on a regular basis. We didn't, because we were told that it risked spreading the virus. After carefully considering both sides of the argument, Boris has decided to come down in favour of his close friend and chief advisor Dominic Cummings! Who would have thought it?

Before the Brexit vote when "lets take control of our own destiny" was a big buzzphrase, I posted concerns that "our own destiny" would fall into the hands of arseholes like Boris johnson, Michael Gove and Jacob Rees-Mogg. I just didn't realise that it would be this bad.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... the hysteria continues. Nothing like freedom of speech. All good for some blood letting. Even the conservative wets pannicking. Time to sack a few of the politicised civil servants. Clear the swamp Boris ...
    When the swamp is all but cleared, Boris Johnson will be found lurking at the very bottom.

Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast