+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Should he stay or should he go? WARNING - POLITICAL THREAD!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Cummings is apparently going to make a public statement and take questions today. This could be interesting!
    I'm not holding my breath, Swale. It's his chance to brazen it out and raise his public profile at the same time.

Even if he did 'step aside' he'd quickly go to some billionaire funded right-wing think tank and do Johnson's dirty work from there.
    My bet though is that they're going to try to use this crisis as an opportunity, strenghen his position and put those papers and tory MPs back in their boxes. Let's see

Sitting here tonight with the popcorn......

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... this hysterical outbreak of media righteousness shows how the lemmings are so easily lead. We have always been able to go where we want - it was ADVISORY, NOT A DICTAT - but if you choose to follow the advice by the book you have no right to criticise others who apply common sense flexibility. Get over it ...
    Bullsh*t it was never advisory at all.

I'm not easily led at all as I will continue to stick by the not visiting family and 2m rules until told otherwise.

He might be able to talk his way out of the first trip he made but we now know he made more than one trip.

Boris wont last the full 5 years he will either get replaced by someone like Rishi/Raab/Gove or has he opened the door for other parties.

Ironic that the scourge of the ‘metropolitan elite’ lives in a great big town house in....Islington.

Personally I really give a monkeys about Cummings anymore. I just want the incompetent buffoon who employed him to f00k off.

... in these days of enlightenment, I think you should all go onto bended knee to Mr C. He has demonstrated how to apply common sense to his own particular difficulty. You don't need the Gov to tell you so-called intelligent ones everything, do you. ADVISORY means think for yourself and decide. We are not in a police state and don't have to fill in bits of paper to move from A to B. FFS ...

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Cummings is apparently going to make a public statement and take questions today. This could be interesting!
    The statements made yesterday should have been the Government's last word on the matter. Unfortunately, politicians (and political advisors apparently) often cannot resist the limelight and the desire to further explain themselves, as if they naively believe that the people asking the questions are genuinely seeking truth and clarification in order to resolve the matter. They're not. Their objective here is to keep the story running by any means possible and ultimately bring down their 'target', and every time that target or the people around them blabber out a new statement it just re-energises the story, such as it is.

Its ok he will be able to clear things up soon and tell us it was all a misunderstanding.

14000 people will be interested as they can now claim a refund for being fined under ADVISORY rules and not actual law.

... 100% right, Jackal2

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    The statements made yesterday should have been the Government's last word on the matter. Unfortunately, politicians (and political advisors apparently) often cannot resist the limelight and the desire to further explain themselves, as if they naively believe that the people asking the questions are genuinely seeking truth and clarification in order to resolve the matter. They're not. Their objective here is to keep the story running by any means possible and ultimately bring down their 'target', and every time that target or the people around them blabber out a new statement it just re-energises the story, such as it is.

Are you as disingenuous in real life as you are on here?

One thing is certain we won't see him do another press conference.

Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast