+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 53 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Should he stay or should he go? WARNING - POLITICAL THREAD!!!!

If I’m ever up before the beak I hope some of the lads on this thread are on the jury... clearly believe any old shyte.

And his missus CAN DRIVE.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    If you think Johnson's pathetic statement on Sunday evening could have cleared up anything then you have no judgement. Can you not see that it was the fact that their own political party that was in mutinous revolt that triggered Demonic into action. Like BFP says, when the Mail turns against them, you can bet it's serious. I'm sorry Jackal but you really are one.

Your comments about me veer from the intolerant to the tolerant so many times that I've learned to treat both imposters the same.

As you know from a Guardian article I suspect you read earlier, the Mail's headline was 'What planet are they on?'. This is quite ironic really, because you would need to have lived on another planet - or certainly not read the Mail in recent years - to realise that changes to their senior editorial team at the Mail have led to some significant changes in their outlook and messaging. Therefore, the Government should not place as much faith in it as a bellwether of Tory support that it might once have done.

Anyway, Dominic Cummings has made a very full statement, wisely or unwisely, and people will draw their conclusions from seeing it, or from the re-interpretation of it subsequently given to them by journalists. One thing I would say about this unprecedented event is that it possibly gave the public greater insight into the fact that (some) journalists are not impartial seekers of truth on the public's behalf, but rather, unelected politicians pursuing their own very determined agenda.

In my view, neither Government ministers nor Mr Cummings should say any more, because it will only feed those who would seek to bring them down.

Name:  EAE3CCE8-0A1A-45F2-8ADA-07D9119D34EB.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  20.3 KB

Yeah Jackal, if this isn’t evidence about what a lefty rag the Mail has become, I don’t know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Half decent explanation from Dom, will it save him? Who knows. Rich people isolate at Dad's farm, poor people stay at home with their ar5e hanging out, *shock horror*. The press reminded me of a pack of dogs who had the whiff of blood in their nostrils. Seems there's a lot of people still smarting over Brexit?
    A correct assessment Gumpty. I'm off now until the end of June when I hope to return and comment on the final death throes of the remainer w@nkers. Yes indeed *shock horror* by the media which will be repeated at the end of June. I'm loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post

Yeah Jackal, if this isn’t evidence about what a lefty rag the Mail has become, I don’t know what is.
    You talk like one .... but they're useful.

Geordie Greig (a Lefty) is now the editor of the 'Mail' and Jackal is absolutely correct.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post

I didn't say it had become a lefty rag, or that it has abandoned the Conservatives as a party, but I'm sure you're aware that its editorial policy has shifted in recent times and those deciding the headlines might not be the biggest fans of Dominic Cummings. I suspect Cummings is something of a barrier to the influence they wish to exert and the changes that they wish to bring about in the PM's thinking in return for headlines such as the one above.

... Barney Castle, as it is known locally, is not a beauty spot.
    By the way, sorry to do a Snobhead 2 on you, but it should be .. ' false stories with which to feed the media ...

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... Barney Castle, as it is known locally, is not a beauty spot.
    Hmm ok so maybe he drove there and sat down with his family on the riverbank because it was so ugly.

Ok that makes sense now, he sacrificed himself by taking in that horrendous country eyesore just to test how ugly it was, so other people didn't have to. The man's a hero!

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    I'm off now until the end of June when I hope to return and comment on the final death throes of the remainer w@nkers.
    A poor choice of words. An excellent choice of words aimed at you would be 'you're a tool'. And no, I won't tell you what I used to do for a living!

Page 19 of 53 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast