+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Should he stay or should he go? WARNING - POLITICAL THREAD!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Or is it knock JRM week this week and I've missed the announcement?
    Knocking JRM shouldn't be a weekly thing, it should be an hourly thing as a minimum.

The bloke is an utter ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Knocking JRM shouldn't be a weekly thing, it should be an hourly thing as a minimum.

The bloke is an utter ****.
    I wouldn’t go quite as far as that. He is excessively traditionalist, as if the past was all wonderful and correct.

On this latest farce, JRM’s stance is discriminatory and removes the democratic vote of any MP who has to remain at home because of shielding or care needs. This is unfair to those MPs’ constituents particularly, and to all of us, as it means our Parliament’s votes are incomplete.

What’s more, this is another example of the Government not doing what it tells us to do. “Work from home if that is possible.” Parliament has shown in the last few weeks that it is possible, but Rees-Mogg is happy to make it impossible for MPs to do their job fully from home.

Apart from his fetish with doing things the Victorian way, what is Rees-Mogg’s motivation? Could it be anything to do with Johnson being uncomfortable with answering questions without the backing of a mob of braying supporters in the chamber?

Quote Originally Posted by applepie View Post
    I wouldn’t go quite as far as that. He is excessively traditionalist, as if the past was all wonderful and correct.

On this latest farce, JRM’s stance is discriminatory and removes the democratic vote of any MP who has to remain at home because of shielding or care needs. This is unfair to those MPs’ constituents particularly, and to all of us, as it means our Parliament’s votes are incomplete.

What’s more, this is another example of the Government not doing what it tells us to do. “Work from home if that is possible.” Parliament has shown in the last few weeks that it is possible, but Rees-Mogg is happy to make it impossible for MPs to do their job fully from home.

Apart from his fetish with doing things the Victorian way, what is Rees-Mogg’s motivation? Could it be anything to do with Johnson being uncomfortable with answering questions without the backing of a mob of braying supporters in the chamber?

Seems 2nd thoughts have been had.

In a brief aside from Priti Patel's statement in the Commons, Labour has responded to the PM's earlier comments about parliamentary voting.

The party has accused Boris Johnson of a U-turn after he confirmed during Prime Minister’s Questions that MPs shielding from coronavirus will be allowed to vote by proxy now that the House of Commons has ended remote sittings.

Actually, the vote for the resumption of the HOC was a 'whipped vote'. I was quite surprised about that, a 'free vote' should have been the order of the day for that particular question, IMHAHO.

Seems 2nd thoughts have been had.

In a brief aside from Priti Patel's statement in the Commons, Labour has responded to the PM's earlier comments about parliamentary voting.

The party has accused Boris Johnson of a U-turn after he confirmed during Prime Minister’s Questions that MPs shielding from coronavirus will be allowed to vote by proxy now that the House of Commons has ended remote sittings.

Actually, the vote for the resumption of the HOC was a 'whipped vote'. I was quite surprised about that, a 'free vote' should have been the order of the day for that particular question, IMHAHO.
    Good, though I’d want to see the detail before deciding whether it’s an adequate response. I completely agree with your last sentence.

Garry Bardiner hey?

Who'd have thunk it?

Most prob out testing his eyesight, ogling them young lasses, dirty dog.

Condemed by others in the Lab Party, they never mentioned Knocker and a couple of others tho when they transgressed? Wonder why?

Starman needs to get a grip.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1268442913782009857
    Last edited by countygump; 04-06-2020 at 08:23 AM.

Well it seems like everyone at these protests seem to have forgot about the 2m distance !

Lets face it with what the DC did its now become null & void.

Garry Bardiner hey?

Who'd have thunk it?

Most prob out testing his eyesight, ogling them young lasses, dirty dog.

Condemed by others in the Lab Party, they never mentioned Knocker and a couple of others tho when they transgressed? Wonder why?

Starman needs to get a grip.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1268442913782009857
    I'm assuming Knocker stands for Kinnock. If so why don't you post the photo of the 'birthday party' and see if you can spot any differences between the two situations that would warrant a different response.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    The Guardian is my go to online paper and I like it alot especially Barney Ronays articles.
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...l-weekly-extra

A football weekly with Ronay and Glendenning is certainly never dull.

Is there a shred of confidence left in this government ? made up of statistics ofnumber of tests, ive got the capacity to bake 100 Cornish pastys a day in my kitchen but that's as meaningless, track and trace with no knowing whether it's the government or criminals trying to hack you. mass political protests ignoring social distancing because Boris refuse to sack Cummings. what a mess, what dogs dinner pigs ear they've made of this.

Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast