+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Should he stay or should he go? WARNING - POLITICAL THREAD!!!!

That's terrible, mate. Even worse then that Cummings made a second trip to take a walk at a beauty spot, miles from his parents' house, with his wife on her birthday. F***ing embarrassment of a government and he's obviously in charge.

And almost the entire cabinet have died on this hill today.a true low for British politics. The fu**ing shame

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    And almost the entire cabinet have died on this hill today.a true low for British politics. The fu**ing shame
    I’ve thought a lot today about am I misjudging these people because I’m politically ‘biased’.

I think the answer is no, I’m not.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I’ve thought a lot today about am I misjudging these people because I’m politically ‘biased’.

I think the answer is no, I’m not.
    Democracy. Sovereignty. What a ****in joke.

Wasn't there something in the rules/guidelines about childcare? Completely agree looks terrible.
    There seems to be a trend for Guardian Journalists using nosy neighbors who want to make political points. eg Johnson argument with g/f
    Last edited by ThaiPie; 24-05-2020 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiPie View Post
    Wasn't there something in the rules/guidelines about childcare? Completely agree looks terrible.
    There seems to be a trend for Guardian Journalists using nosy neighbors who want to make political points. eg Johnson argument with g/f
    It is a question of whether these things are of public interest.

Whether the chief advisor to the Govt broke lockdown rules surely is? Unfortunately it does come over as political point scoring but simply cannot be swept under the carpet.

It's about time the rules were eased to guidelines.
    The emergency powers should be repealed pronto, they could be of there was a will.
    We've turned into a nation of prissy curtain twitching snitches.
    My eldest is a fire alarm engineer and has worked throughout in factories, care homes, hospitals, all over. A couple of Saturday's ago she had a call out, on Monday she had a phone call from her boss, she'd been reported by a neighbour who had gone to the effort of recording her leaving and returning from work on his CCTV. Said neighbour had to dig the phone number out as it's not on the side of the car and phone up to presu!ably get my daughter sacked.
    Cummings has been hypocritical but the law is a joke. If I were ill and my extended family were miles away ,I'd drive to them as well if I needed my young kids caring for.
    That dying people can't have their family visit at the pinnacle of need, that you can't go to loved ones funerals and that the docile, you could say sheep like people put up with it should be a stain on our history not a moment of pride in our 'togetherness'.
    Wake up! There's little correlation between countries with full lockdown and countries that have done almost nothing showing better national outcomes.
    There is clear evidence that densely packed populations with a high elderly element fare badly, that the ill do worse than the well. It's clear that being in hospital or a care home is disproportionately dangerous to being in your own home or even on an aeroplane.
    I hope Cummings transgression shifts the dial and the authority cracks and shops open up, people go out and we 'take back control' of our lives

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    It is a question of whether these things are of public interest.

Whether the chief advisor to the Govt broke lockdown rules surely is? Unfortunately it does come over as political point scoring but simply cannot be swept under the carpet.
    I wouldn't defend Cummings on the letter of the law but it's clear the Left/ Remain alliance can't wait to get rid of him.
    I would be keener on them questioning the states sluggish efforts in testing or of the management who collectively sent known sick patients into nursing homes that weren't geared up for that level of infection control.

... you are (nearly) all missing the point. Our Gov has taken the view that our 'precious ' democracy should be preserved by issuing ADVISORY instructions. That means you can do whatever you want. If Mr C kept 2m apart in his various journeys he has done no wrong. I have visited family without being in contact with others; and remained more than 2m apart on the visit. The Brexit Revenge and 100% Hindsight mobs are clutching at straws as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Don't know why he was almost in tears, Wilko is usually busy.

Unless of course I've misunderstood, and you are being critical of the way the government are running the NHS.
    I read it that the hospital was so busy that his wife could not get her required treatment. The fact that they had the conversation at Wilko is just incidental but happened to be where they were when they chatted.

There will have been and still will be people who need treatment who either through their own fear, or lack of medical resources are missing out.

Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast