+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Should he stay or should he go? WARNING - POLITICAL THREAD!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverleeno View Post
    Jeff Astle the ex-pie? Fingers crossed that Grealish gets to play for England!
    Yes Astle, sadly remembered as an England player for the miss against Brazil.
    https://youtu.be/2siL0-JPq2Y?t=120
    Sol Campbell was of course the England World Cup finals player who went on to play for Notts later on.

As for Scotland, Masson played in the 1978 World Cup after playing for us. Steve Nicol joined Notts after playing in the 1986 WC.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Sol Campbell was of course the England World Cup finals player who went on to play for Notts later on.

As for Scotland, Masson played in the 1978 World Cup after playing for us. Steve Nicol joined Notts after playing in the 1986 WC.
    I completely forgot about Sol! I was thinking of Peter Reid, hence the reference to a Scottish WC veteran around the same time!

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I completely forgot about Sol! I was thinking of Peter Reid, hence the reference to a Scottish WC veteran around the same time!
    Peter Reid, how could I overlook him, played in the "hand of god" match as well as Charlie Palmer day.

Michael Emenalo Played in 1994 WC for Nigeria marking Maradona I seem to recall. Before playing for Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    Michael Emenalo Played in 1994 WC for Nigeria marking Maradona I seem to recall. Before playing for Notts.
    Harkouk played in the 1986 finals for Algeria as well, got injured and that finished his career.

Also we have both Dave Watson and Gary Birtles playing in the euros.

Real shame for Harkouk.

And of course Ince and Curle.....if we’re talking managers as well...

Sorry I just can't understand why people seeing someone acting stupid means that they are justified to act stupid also.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Sorry I just can't understand why people seeing someone acting stupid means that they are justified to act stupid also.
    Nor can I, but we all know that some people do it. That's why those at the top have a greater responsibility to lead by example.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post

Thanks for the link

Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 LastLast