+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Should he stay or should he go? WARNING - POLITICAL THREAD!!!!

LMFAO as the kids say at asking where Eastern European immigrants are ‘flocking’ from.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Not really no, she was groundlessly moaning about Eastern European immigrunts, he should have responded by telling her how much of a contribution they make, and how immigration makes us all better off.

You appear to think that nob from Cambridge is a right laugh, so no surprise that you agree with her sentiments.
    Why did he apologise then? And is every immigrant from eastern Europe making a contribution?
    I Have no problem with immigrants coming here from any country to work if that is what we need or genuine refugees, but let's be honest we surely have to have some kind of limit we are a small island with over 60 .million people, how many more can we sustain. People with concerns ain't all racists. The people who live in places like Boston don't harbour your sentiments.
    Last edited by i961pie; 30-05-2020 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Why did he apologise then?
    If you read gumpy's transcript, it seems that he apologised because in retrospect he realised that his words and actions were wrong. What he really should have done is to claim that he was merely testing his eyesight (more plausible than most given his personal circumstances), and then say to any dissenters that it's time to move on.

And is every immigrant from eastern Europe making a contribution?

Probably not all, but the vast majority of them make a positive contribution. If there is one who doesn't however, you can guarantee two things - firstly it will be headline news in The Sun, and secondly that thick tw@ts will be taken in by the headlines.
    Last edited by Elite_Pie; 30-05-2020 at 10:17 PM.

Writing in today’s Observer the Tory hardline Brexiter Peter Bone calls again for Cummings to go and dismisses the idea that it is Remainers stirring trouble. “The saga is now preventing the government from being able to get their message out clearly,” he writes. “Every announcement on changes to the lockdown rules, track and trace, and government support, is bogged down with questions about Mr Cummings.”

Bone adds: “I believe that Mr Cummings did break the rules. Now, if he had accepted that he had done something wrong, and apologised for it, as a fair-minded person, I would have thought that that would be the end of it. It is the insistence that he did not break the rules and the refusal to apologise that has outraged so many.”

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    If you read gumpy's transcript, it seems that he apologised because in retrospect he realised that his words and actions were wrong. What he really should have done is to claim that he was merely testing his eyesight (more plausible than most given his personal circumstances), and then say to any dissenters that it's time to move on.

Probably not all, but the vast majority of them make a positive contribution. If there is one who doesn't however, you can guarantee two things - firstly it will be headline news in The Sun, and secondly that thick tw@ts will be taken in by the headlines.
    Ok so oh selected my first line to reply to, what about the rest of the post?
    Do you think we can sustain millions more people coming here over the next few decades? Genuine question.

Why did he apologise then? And is every immigrant from eastern Europe making a contribution?
    I Have no problem with immigrants coming here from any country to work if that is what we need or genuine refugees, but let's be honest we surely have to have some kind of limit we are a small island with over 60 .million people, how many more can we sustain. People with concerns ain't all racists. The people who live in places like Boston don't harbour your sentiments.
    As I said above, he shouldn’t have apologised. I have to demonstrate that every single immigrant is making a contribution for it to be considered a ‘good thing’? We always had the ability to limit immigration, both from the EU and elsewhere, but successive governments chose not to exercise that ability. We always had the ability to kick out the non-contributing immigrants, both from the EU and elsewhere. Guess what happened? Successive governments chose not to. I hope people living in Boston are gearing up to pick all the Lincolnshire fruit and vegetables that are gonna need picking. After all, they got their way.

All of which really, has nothing to do with whether Gordon Brown had integrity or not.

And you know this, how?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    And you know this, how?
    By what was said and reported from there during the election, which resulted in the Conservative candidate getting 76% of the vote. An overwhelming victory by any standards.

The clown should have had the gumption to resign immediately. By fronting it out, no apology or remorse, he makes the position of the Government he aims to serve almost impossible. Boris should have had the leadership and managerial skills to see the problems this stance would cause. Oh, hang on though, Boris is just as big a clown and doesn't possess any leadership or managerial nous..

Because of Cummings, there isn't a cat in hell's chance of getting any future lockdown to stick, partial or otherwise. Similarly the "track, trace and isolate" scheme (Ironically prefixed with the term NHS, when in fact it's privately run) isn't going to work either. In both cases many many people are going to say not likely, and point to Cummings as the excuse. Consequently, more people will die than would otherwise have been the case.

This is now an absolute farce of the Governments own making. Cummings is an arrogant bullying tosspot, and Boris is quite simply a buffoon totally out of his depth. Sadly we are stuck with this shambles for another 4 years.

How a decade of cuts and privatisation exposed England to the Corona virus.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...e_iOSApp_Other

Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast