+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 29 of 53 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Should he stay or should he go? WARNING - POLITICAL THREAD!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Yes, yes, yes and yes.

This is why I'll always have a qualified opinion about Ray Trew's tenure. I don't think anyone would dispute that he completely lost the plot, that his relationship with the club and the supporters became untenable and that his departure from the club was for the best, but I don't believe he arrived with bad intentions. For quite a while he seemed to be having a positive influence.

Similar to Alan Hardy though, I think he wanted undying adulation from the fans and that never happens. I can remember him saying early on in the decline that the "worm had turned", referring to what was at that time quite mild criticism from a certain group of supporters, but the relationship thereafter was never really the same.

The current owners seem very different people to either Ray Trew or Alan Hardy. The Reedtz brothers don't go on social media seeking glowing praise, and in turn they don't attract fierce criticism. They just work away quietly in the background and don't seem the least bit prone to mood swings or impulsive decision-making. Football is a game of ups and downs by nature, so you need club owners to be the calm, moderating counter-balance to that emotional rollercoaster. As a club and as supporters I think we've learned that lesson the hard way.
    Yeah, I think we’d forgotten what ‘normal’ ownership actually was, what with the 10-15 years of the post-Pavis era seeing the club lurching from one fiasco to the next.

I really hope the current situation doesn’t knock em off course, 30 years since the first Wembley play-off win shows what can be done with steady ownership and a decent manager.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    To be honest I don't think Cummings is your classic Conservative. He just fought an election based on a level of public sector investment that any other Conservative government would've attacked as loony left.
    We'll see if that ever materialises. I very much doubt it.

He is a typical modern-day conservative. One way of understanding his lockdown behaviour is ''There is no such thing as society, just individuals and their families''

I understand that Cummings is not even a member of the Conservative Party. However, he probably has some very important photographs...

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I understand that Cummings is not even a member of the Conservative Party. However, he probably has some very important photographs...

So Dom worked within the guidelines and Emily Mackleitup didn't. Who'd have thunk it? Did you see the front page of the Star with the Dom mask on it, fergin hilarious. Is it street cafe time? Rush rules thru to allow it now the weathers set nice? Might increase their customer base a tad. Markets down the High street rather than all cramped up in one place?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    So Dom worked within the guidelines and Emily Mackleitup didn't.
    How did you conclude that he "worked within the guidelines"?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post

I don't conclude sod all, Eli. That's what our PM has said on many occassions and surely if he hadn't, he'd be down the road by now, wouldn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    He didn't and Boris knows it too that is why he kept saying "move on" yesterday to pretty much every question that he didn't/can't answer.

Its not about who people vote for its about what is right/wrong.

Move on move on next question.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    He didn't and Boris knows it too that is why he kept saying "move on" yesterday to pretty much every question that he didn't/can't answer.

Its not about who people vote for its about what is right/wrong.

Move on move on next question.
    You are 100% correct when you say "what is right/wrong", and that is why Emily Maitlis should either resign or be fired as the BBC mission statement is “to act in the public interest, serving all audiences through the provision of impartial, high-quality and distinctive output and services which inform, educate and entertain."

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    You are 100% correct when you say "what is right/wrong", and that is why Emily Maitlis should either resign or be fired as the BBC mission statement is “to act in the public interest, serving all audiences through the provision of impartial, high-quality and distinctive output and services which inform, educate and entertain."
    Name one thing she said in that opening that was factually incorrect. I'll wait here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Name one thing she said in that opening that was factually incorrect. I'll wait here.
    Look at the mission statement, the part that says "Impartial". That is the big giveaway here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-52824508

No more explanation needed is there? or do the rules change when it is against some one who is not liked?

I look forward to the excuses

Page 29 of 53 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast