+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 39 of 53 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Should he stay or should he go? WARNING - POLITICAL THREAD!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Post in haste, re-fence at leisure.

I've lived my life by that mantra.

Gawd I'm boredddddddddddddddddddddddd
    Well get your brasso out (or whatever it is you use) and polish your brexit commemorative coin collection, that should pass a bit of time

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...ng-obey-rules/

How Neil Ferguson, the architect of lockdown, was brought down by failing to obey his own rules

There is no suggestion Ms Staats visited him during the period he was self-isolating with the virus. But to some, the tryst shows a staggering hypocrisy and wilful flaunting of lockdown laws.

On Tuesday night, Prof Ferguson admitted he had made an "error of judgment" and resigned from his Sage role.

He said he "acted in the belief that I was immune, having tested positive for coronavirus and completely isolated myself for almost two weeks after developing symptoms", adding: "I deeply regret any undermining of the clear messages around the continued need for social distancing to control this devastating epidemic".

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...ng-obey-rules/

How Neil Ferguson, the architect of lockdown, was brought down by failing to obey his own rules

There is no suggestion Ms Staats visited him during the period he was self-isolating with the virus. But to some, the tryst shows a staggering hypocrisy and wilful flaunting of lockdown laws.

On Tuesday night, Prof Ferguson admitted he had made an "error of judgment" and resigned from his Sage role.

He said he "acted in the belief that I was immune, having tested positive for coronavirus and completely isolated myself for almost two weeks after developing symptoms", adding: "I deeply regret any undermining of the clear messages around the continued need for social distancing to control this devastating epidemic".
    Difference is that Cummings will never admit an error of judgment and says he has done nothing wrong, certainly not undermining any message. BJ knows he is nothing without him, and ministers know that to go against BJ means they will be out of a job.that

If DC had said something to the effect of that last sentence we would be a lot closer to sorting this mess.

Will BJ stick by Robert Jenrick as it appears there is some controversy over him now.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Difference is that Cummings will never admit an error of judgment and says he has done nothing wrong, certainly not undermining any message. BJ knows he is nothing without him, and ministers know that to go against BJ means they will be out of a job.that

If DC had said something to the effect of that last sentence we would be a lot closer to sorting this mess.

Will BJ stick by Robert Jenrick as it appears there is some controversy over him now.
    Bojo is eating up all the goodwill from the election from people who wouldn't normally have voted Tory and for many who normally would but were wavering because of the Brexit delays.

There is plenty of scope for this pandemic to turn sour. Warmer weather, summer coming, autumn/winter - typical flu spawning weather on top of Covid. He'll not now be forgiven for anything that doesn't quite work as he'd hoped. He might get away with it if everything turns out better than expected. Sod's Law, or Murphy's, as all us NCFC fans know, is never far away.

I'm now having serious doubts about a crew of leaders and experts who've all managed to catch Covid, some by not following the rules, being driven by some shady figure who can't even concoct a credible excuse for bad behaviour.

When did we last have a credible Prime Minister with integrity?
    Last edited by Old_pie; 29-05-2020 at 10:13 PM. Reason: .. normally.. have

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    When did we last have a credible Prime Minister with integrity?
    Not a Prime Minister (in my opinion he would have been a very good one), but the last credible party leader was John Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by applepie View Post
    I don’t have time to check them all, but here are three Brexiters who called for Cummings to resign:

Steve Baker
    Peter Bone
    Philip Davies.

So it definitely isn’t all about Brexit. You know that some Conservatives have principles, don’t you?
    I take it you've never heard of Steve Baker then?
    I like him, he'd love to get a job on the negotiating team - he'd tear Barnier a new one and kick him in the balls for good measure..

Bone seems to be as big a eurosceptic as Baker and possibly wants a go at Barnier too.

Never heard of Davies, P.

So then, it's possible that the Brexiteer three want a poke at Barnier and wouldn't mind treading on Dominic to get there.

What's the score then? How many Tory Remoaners?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    Not a Prime Minister (in my opinion he would have been a very good one), but the last credible party leader was John Smith.
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post
    I like him, he'd love to get a job on the negotiating team - he'd tear Barnier a new one and kick him in the balls for good measure..

Bone seems to be as big a eurosceptic as Baker and possibly wants a go at Barnier too.

Never heard of Davies, P.

So then, it's possible that the Brexiteer three want a poke at Barnier and wouldn't mind treading on Dominic to get there.

What's the score then? How many Tory Remoaners?
    Of course I’ve heard of Steve Baker, that’s how I knew he was a Brexiter. You’ll have to improve your logic and assumptions before I can take the rest of it seriously.

Sorry, I’m feeling a bit testy this morning. I’ve had enough of this corrupt Government. I’d almost prefer Baker and Bone as they do at least have some integrity. Davies is MP for Shipley. He’s a nasty misogynistic piece of work who filibusters to prevent progress of private members bills that he doesn’t like, instead of letting MPs decide their merits.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Ditto
    From me too.

Can't see any way that Peter Bone want's to be involved with Brexit negotiations. He's a back-bencher and happy with it.

DAM nuisance says:

Your language shows just what kind of an ugly person you are. I wouldn't like to meet you on a dark night, but you sound scary enough to avoid in broad daylight.

Page 39 of 53 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast