Get prepared for when football returns - Stock up on PPE now!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 52

Thread: Dominic Cummings

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,302

    Dominic Cummings

    Should he stay or go ?

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52782913

    Seemed to recall one in Scotland got the boot so think he should as well

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by viaductbaggies View Post
    Should he stay or go ?

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52782913

    Seemed to recall one in Scotland got the boot so think he should as well

    Sack him - had this been Joe Public they would have been fined. Hate all these t wats who preach a message and then think they are different from Sally who works at Asda or Tom who works at Greggs!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    16,162
    A brilliant strategic brain apparently but a f king nasty,horrible little t w a t......obnoxious hardly does him justice as a description.

    He wont resign and Boris wont fire him because hes so integral to his success so far.

    An arrogant and deeply unlikeable man though with a face youd have no problem taking a baseball bat to!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    A brilliant strategic brain apparently but a f king nasty,horrible little t w a t......obnoxious hardly does him justice as a description.

    He wont resign and Boris wont fire him because hes so integral to his success so far.

    An arrogant and deeply unlikeable man though with a face youd have no problem taking a baseball bat to!

    Sadly - another weakness from Boris as well as being too slow with all the measures for the Coronavirus. Now having a self quarantine from 8th June when it should have been 8th April latest - well you could not make this f uckin up!

    Boris should also get more involved in daily presentations so it looks like hes calling the shots! Whose doing his PR for f uck sake! From me who was supportive of Boris before this pandemic too!

  5. #5
    I really couldn’t care less; the row is just breaking down along party lines, between left and right and objectivity is being lost. If Cummings staying in his job pi$$es the SNP off, that’s good enough for me.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I really couldn’t care less; the row is just breaking down along party lines, between left and right and objectivity is being lost. If Cummings staying in his job pi$$es the SNP off, that’s good enough for me.

    Get your point Ketts but you can’t have one rule for one and one rule for Joe Public. So should all the public think - f uck it we are not following the measures in place! When there’s inconsistencies people become defiant! Bit like saying when 22 players play behind closed doors - rightly or wrongly park football matches will start up again or gatherings to sit around televisions with beers to watch the matches. This will happen!

    The most defiant and I get it are the over 70’s where many are going out and will have the attitude - I would rather take my chances! I get this as know one old lady who is about 80 and sees her family frequently - her view is she’s not self isolating because she might die anyway before potentially getting coronavirus so wants every minute she can with grand kids. Don’t blame her and family respect her wishes.

    Cummings is a complete tosser anyway and Boris should have shown his metal which has been quite lacking throughout this pandemic!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,156
    Quote Originally Posted by viaductbaggies View Post
    Should he stay or go ?

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52782913

    Seemed to recall one in Scotland got the boot so think he should as well
    If he had any decency or integrity he would resign,

    If he refused to resign, and the PM had any decency or integrity he would sack him,

    Neither of them have an ounce of decency or integrity, so for that reason I imagine he will stay

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,156
    Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I really couldn’t care less; the row is just breaking down along party lines, between left and right and objectivity is being lost. If Cummings staying in his job pi$$es the SNP off, that’s good enough for me.
    Wow.

    Perfectly fine for the PMs chief aide to undermine public health guidelines, designed by his own government, threatening even more lives. And you're perfectly fine with it because it p1sses off the SNP.

    Pearler this is..

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,156
    By the way, what a PR disaster for the Tories. If I have to give them any credit, its in the PR front, they're usually half decent at that.

    I'm sure had Cummings just apologised and sounded genuinely remorseful. Followed up by the PM saying he had spoken to Cummings about his actions and followed it up with reinforcing some lockdown measures, I think most sitting on the fence could understand it or given the benefit of the doubt.

    Instead, the PM and his Ministers are happy to risk undermining public health in exchange for Cummings' career. Extraordinary.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Wow.

    Perfectly fine for the PMs chief aide to undermine public health guidelines, designed by his own government, threatening even more lives. And you're perfectly fine with it because it p1sses off the SNP.

    Pearler this is..
    If I had genuine concern regarding a member of my family and dealing with it in the best way involved breaking government guidelines, then I would. By all accounts Mr Cummings is not the most pleasant of men but if he took that decision in the best interests of his family, then so be it; I am not possessing of enough information to pontificate otherwise.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •