+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Dominic Cummings

Bungling Boris won't get rid he needs him, the steely eyed Keir has him in back pocket and he knows it. Boris will quit before the years end. He's no politican and was pushed in to job to please others. I don't dislike Boris but many stables doors have been shut. Raab over to you.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I agree Kets.......I dislike Cummings but roll my eyes as our resident Left Wing zealot starts wading in!

If I had a wife with Covid and a small child and the main family support was 240 miles away and I could live close for a period I would probably do that like Cummings did.

As long as he drove all the way with no stops and didn’t go into services or stop for fuel then I don’t see the problem.

He’s still a horrible little t w a t though and no doubt learned most of his tactics from Alistair Campbell the original s h I t stirring spin master.
    Good morning Right Wing Moron.

Have you seen the front page of the Daily Mail today?

Presume your mind is changing about Boris and Cummings.

Course it is, because you are a sheep.
    Last edited by WBA123; 25-05-2020 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Good morning Right Wing Moron.

Have you seen the front page of the Daily Mail today?

Presume your mind is changing about Boris and Cummings.

Course it is, because you are a sheep.

What a childish response! Yes Cummings should go and Boris has lost credibility for sticking up with him and yes he's handled things poorly in my opinion - everything too slow. To call for his head at this point is premature.

You basically hate everything Tory, everything Boris, everything Brexit, and trash posts that think otherwise. Thing is - you never come out with any constructive alternatives!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    What a childish response! Yes Cummings should go and Boris has lost credibility for sticking up with him and yes he's handled things poorly in my opinion - everything too slow. To call for his head at this point is premature.

You basically hate everything Tory, everything Boris, everything Brexit, and trash posts that think otherwise. Thing is - you never come out with any constructive alternatives!
    Fair comment, it probably wasn't a great response.

If I make any comment with my opinion, he seems to make it a left/right issue. So I'm happy to respond in kind to the 'left wing zealot' slurs.

But your 2nd point is half right, here are my constructive alternatives;
    Not Tory
    Not Boris
    Remain

He should have followed the Stay Home message and self isolated. He didn’t

His wife as a suspected Covid case should have stayed home for 14 days in isolation. She didn’t

He drove 260 miles at s time when people were getting fined for driving 5 miles up the road to walk the dog or go for a run

He visited elderly vulnerable parents whilst everyone else couldn’t see their parents despite having the virus and despite it being very clear that the elderly must be isolated

And Cabinet Ministers say he broke no rules. Defending the indefensible. It reminds me of those press conferences with chemical Ali where he insisted Baghdad was safe despite bombs being dropped all around him. Talk about treating the public like mugs!

Oh dear, I smell hypocrisy. There are many people who have ‘bent’ the rules (are they laws?) and there is an old saying, people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones. The media are always looking for a scalp, all this is much ado about nothing. I and my family have ‘interpreted’ the rules whilst ensuring that we stay as safe as we consider possible. My family comes first and ultimately, it is my decision as to the actions that I take for the well-being of my family. I am sure that Cummings has done the same, so no criticism from me.

Additionally, for the benefit of our resident ‘left wing zealot’, I didn’t vote Tory, I never thought that Boris would make a great PM, and I was hoping that we remained in the EU.

Arrogant beyond belief, so neither he or his wife were tested, surly if you are chief adviser you would have a right to a test he informed nobody or sought medical advice before driving up there and has it turns out didn't actually need to go he then drives for an" eye sight" test to Barnard Castle 30 miles away, feels sick and has to get out for a walk and a sit on a bench,( absolute bo**ocks) when everyone else was told not to drive anywhere, i have already stated that had he shown ounce of remorse or compassion for others i wouldn't agree with what he did but excepted it now i just think i will take anything i'm told to do with a pinch of salt and interprate the rules as i see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Oh dear, I smell hypocrisy. There are many people who have ‘bent’ the rules (are they laws?) and there is an old saying, people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones. The media are always looking for a scalp, all this is much ado about nothing. I and my family have ‘interpreted’ the rules whilst ensuring that we stay as safe as we consider possible. My family comes first and ultimately, it is my decision as to the actions that I take for the well-being of my family. I am sure that Cummings has done the same, so no criticism from me.

Additionally, for the benefit of our resident ‘left wing zealot’, I didn’t vote Tory, I never thought that Boris would make a great PM, and I was hoping that we remained in the EU.
    I think the problem here though is that Cummings helped write the rules and the penalties for breaking them. I understand he cited ‘exceptional circumstances’ and is being defended by most of the government stooges for it.

Problem is, most of the population followed government advice like the 10 Commandments. They were unambiguous and heavily policed. How many other people who did follow the rules but could not attend funerals or hospital to visit a dying child or parent must now be wishing they had of ‘interpreted’ these rules that most of us thought were not open to interpretation?

Truth is many people could cite ‘exceptional’ circumstances but they chose to follow the rules for the greater good. Cummings treated himself as exceptional above the general population. That is the problem even if most of us have followed the advice 95% of the time. And that story about testing his eyesight belongs in a school playground

Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
    I think the problem here though is that Cummings helped write the rules and the penalties for breaking them. I understand he cited ‘exceptional circumstances’ and is being defended by most of the government stooges for it.

Problem is, most of the population followed government advice like the 10 Commandments. They were unambiguous and heavily policed. How many other people who did follow the rules but could not attend funerals or hospital to visit a dying child or parent must now be wishing they had of ‘interpreted’ these rules that most of us thought were not open to interpretation?

Truth is many people could cite ‘exceptional’ circumstances but they chose to follow the rules for the greater good. Cummings treated himself as exceptional above the general population. That is the problem even if most of us have followed the advice 95% of the time. And that story about testing his eyesight belongs in a school playground

Bang on Stripes! We if do go away and on our return have to self isolate - I can now use exceptional circumstances too for going out and about as will most people!

Boris has lost a huge amount of credibility over this - that’s a fact!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Bang on Stripes! We if do go away and on our return have to self isolate - I can now use exceptional circumstances too for going out and about as will most people!

Boris has lost a huge amount of credibility over this - that’s a fact!
    They’re making a rod for their own backs Al. By defending this, many people will say if it’s good enough for Cummings without anything to answer for then why not them? Boris is appearing more like a company chairman or figurehead who presides over executives (non elected advisors) who appear to hold the real power.

How’s the recovery coming along chap? On the mend?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)