+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T The disappearing Prime Minister

Stay Alert

Drive To Durham

Protect The Prime Minister

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    What has Rasputin Cummings got on Boris?
    Digging his own grave Jules protecting this idiot .

Once the country starts to lose confidence in a government then it's the beginning of the end for them .

You might think it's a fair way off the next election and of course you'd be right but I remember the stock market crash with four years to the next election and Major's government never recovered from it .

One rule for one and one for the rest of us is how this is getting played out .

People who have lost loved ones and couldn't visit care homes to be at their side in their final hours or indeed hospitals .

Funerals with two people at the service .

The public won't have this .

Shameful !!!! .

I remember my history lessons. The Csar only believed Rasputin.... amd then...

Stuttering blabbering reply from a very weak man

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'm not for one minute endorsing New Labour Wardy , that times come and gone and the country is a far different one to what it was in 1997 .

But we have to accept whether we like it or not the country does not want a left wing government , we got battered in 1983 and we got annihilated last December .

There's very little to be gained in spending decades on the opposition benches and protesting , you change nowt sat there .

Starmer is very good in the HOC , so was William Hague but he got battered by Blair at the election so that tells you how much worth there is in that aspect of it .

Policies Wardy , policies mate and another way , not Blairism but Starmerism , this is the challenge for SKS .

At least we have a leader at long last who isn't a monkey on our backs so it's a good start , there's a root and branch analysis of what's gone wrong in the heartlands going on , the party are talking to real people and listening to what they are getting told , that's going on right now remotely .

There's much to do but no matter what the left tell you Corbyn did lose the argument , the election result tells you so .

I lost the argument , it's an uncomfortable truth but it is the truth .

We have to change direction Wardy or the party will forever sit in opposition .

The way I see it right now , a centre left Labour Party is definitely more palatable than a bunch of right wing nut jobs destroying the UK for good .

I could never forgive the Labour right, animal, for their sheer self indulgence and duplicity when it came to Jeremy Corbyn. What chance did he have when two of his own MPs ( former), Ian Austin and John Woodcock told the public to vote Conservative.
    I'm a member of the Labour Party because I believe in social justice and for the provision of good public services for all. I'm also against the semi feudal system that exists in this country as personified by the likes of Johnson, Cameron, Cummings et al where your background and family wealth determines your life chances, that is not a meritocracy.
    The fact that the Labour right, lined up with the Tories and the right wing media to weaponise anti semitism also left a nasty taste in the mouth.
    Corbyn and McDonald were weak and ill advised to try to appease those accusing him of anti semitism, for which there was no evidence, witness the recent report into it as commissioned by Jenny Formby Chair of the NEC which Starmer has chosen not to send to the Human Rights Commisiion, and now wants to suppress, I wonder why ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    What has Rasputin Cummings got on Boris?
    Brains

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    I could never forgive the Labour right, animal, for their sheer self indulgence and duplicity when it came to Jeremy Corbyn. What chance did he have when two of his own MPs ( former), Ian Austin and John Woodcock told the public to vote Conservative.
    I'm a member of the Labour Party because I believe in social justice and for the provision of good public services for all. I'm also against the semi feudal system that exists in this country as personified by the likes of Johnson, Cameron, Cummings et al where your background and family wealth determines your life chances, that is not a meritocracy.
    The fact that the Labour right, lined up with the Tories and the right wing media to weaponise anti semitism also left a nasty taste in the mouth.
    Corbyn and McDonald were weak and ill advised to try to appease those accusing him of anti semitism, for which there was no evidence, witness the recent report into it as commissioned by Jenny Formby Chair of the NEC which Starmer has chosen not to send to the Human Rights Commisiion, and now wants to suppress, I wonder why ?
    Well I wasn't exactly jumping from the rooftops with Starmer and his influence on brexit within the party which had a massive effect on the red wall collapsing .

However when he became leader I thought we have to move on and bury the hatchet , we need to come together behind him .

I've just gone 58 years of age , started work in 1978 , 42 years in the workplace , lived in Barnsley all my life and worked for the majority of the time in South Yorkshire .

I've had 14 years of Labour governments in 42 years !!! .

I'm fecked off with losing elections , the latest defeat did me over good and proper , a fecking humiliation , Labour strangleholds turning Tory , boiled my fecking blood .

Things needed to change , I've had to change , I have to change because my step daughter and her partner along with my 6 month old grandson need a Labour government , they are on their ass Wardy .

I have a partner myself of 8 years , she works in social care for Barnsley MBC , need I say anymore , budget cut by 60% because of these toe rags in government .

The Labour Party is a broad church but most times that's a nemesis when it should actually be our strength .

We should appeal to more of the electorate by definition but we don't , because we are always infighting .

When we do actually appeal it's generally from a position of centre with a left lean to it .

I'm not advocating New Labour , we need new and energising policies but New Labour had the road map to trash these feckers 3 times on the trot , they very nearly put the Tories out of business altogether .

We have to put everything behind us and change to where the winning ground is or we risk a one party nation for the foreseeable .

We aren't having this surely ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12