+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Marvellous

Marvellous

Just watched the film and really enjoyed it. Might have been mentioned/common knowledge before, but loads of the shots of the turnstiles, Macari becoming manager etc are filmed at Gresty Road.
    Recommend the film.

Posted 6.40 ish. By 8.15, 30 views and no replies. Who x30 bothers to access the message board, reads a post and then thinks **** it, I'll not bother to reply/respond?
    I just can't comprehend it. I might not acces the board for weeks on end, but if I do I'll probably respond to a post, but 30 people in 90 mins decided not to bother. Compare and contrast with the Vale forum.
    If it was 2 views, no replies I could understand that, but FFS!
    Last edited by jimmyboldon; 23-05-2020 at 07:28 PM.

I've said it before, a la Mike SB, but this time it's goodbye, ariverdeci? Addios, sod it.
    Since the last post/prompt/hint, 21 more views, no replies. Why bother to be accessing a message board and not bothering ........aw duck it.

I have said the same Jimmy but I think with your post many have seen it quite a while ago. Not having a go just pointing out.

It does make you wonder why so many view but make no comment. Only about 8 active members

Marvellous

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    I've said it before, a la Mike SB, but this time it's goodbye, ariverdeci? Addios, sod it.
    Since the last post/prompt/hint, 21 more views, no replies. Why bother to be accessing a message board and not bothering ........aw duck it.
    Don't take offence, I saw marvellous as a headline and thought we must have been promoted as champions. Marvellous the tv film was released 6 years ago, I have watched it several times, Toby Jones is an incredible actor. I'm sure many posters just thought that everything had been said with regard to the film. I have to agree with you ,the Vale site is a hundred times more active than this site, perhaps they are more literate!

I've just seen the entire thread in one view, and like Crouton says never thought it was the film - which i too saw years ago. If I'd seen it without any other comments in place I'd probably have left it at that too.

Oh please don`t go Jimmy. I mean who will I have supporting me if you are not there?

A lot of this film was shoot within South Cheshire as well as Gresty Road. Some of these places have now disappeared so it is worth a watch just to see these old buildings