Get prepared for when football returns - Stock up on PPE now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Getting rid of the dross

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    356

    Getting rid of the dross

    https://www.nufc.com/2019-20html/squad.html

    As comprehensive as ever, NUFC.com has the various squads and contract expiry dates (when known). Some of this lot are going to take some shifting - two more years of Muto for example plus Saivet, Murphy & Lazaar could be here for another season to name but a few. Yes, they can be omitted from the squad without numbers but they’ll still have a significant impact on outgoings when it comes to financial fair play etc.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,734
    All the reports that I have seen from the new owners is that they see us as a long term project,it could be a few years before we have a side that can compete every year at the very top.
    The good thing is that they are so rich that we don't have to sell our best players unless they want to leave,a decent manager should be able to build and retain a strong squad.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    694
    It will be a long term project to untangle Nufc from SD due to Slim Mike.
    How many of our players are out of contract this summer?
    We may have to bring in a whole squad.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kirkland View Post
    It will be a long term project to untangle Nufc from SD due to Slim Mike.
    How many of our players are out of contract this summer?
    We may have to bring in a whole squad.
    aye slim Mike, i saw the video too.

    Greggs has been shut for two months and Mike loses 4 clem



    https://www.themag.co.uk/2020/05/sli...frasers-group/

    Mike Ashley speaking from 2.52

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    356
    Hopefully they’ll improve the infrastructure, maximise sponsorship, relaunch & carry out an extreme revamp of the academy etc. alongside strengthen the squad on a gradual basis but at least it’ll be an improvement on the total neglect of recent times. I suppose most player contracts are up to five years so it’ll take a five year cycle give or take to revamp and improve - e.g. Shelvey & Ritchie have just signed 3 year extensions and I doubt anyone would expect either of those two to remain beyond that and if anything the club could cash in or the player may want to leave before that long. The examples I gave at the start of this thread won’t be offered new deals and even the likes of Ciaran Clark (2021) who’s never particularly let us down will be upgraded in that sort of general timescale.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    18,818
    Giving Shelvey and especially Ritchie new contracts was, imo, fatso sticking another two fingers up to us. I reckon he knew he wouldn't be here to have to pay them.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    42,589
    I think, assuming all goes ahead. That next season will be their last.

    It wouldn't suprise me if Ritchie went next Jan, out on loan to Chimpo and then perm move.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    618
    Quote Originally Posted by bix01 View Post
    https://www.nufc.com/2019-20html/squad.html

    As comprehensive as ever, NUFC.com has the various squads and contract expiry dates (when known). Some of this lot are going to take some shifting - two more years of Muto for example plus Saivet, Murphy & Lazaar could be here for another season to name but a few. Yes, they can be omitted from the squad without numbers but they’ll still have a significant impact on outgoings when it comes to financial fair play etc.
    Here is the list. I've put keep or flush - as in flush the turd. This is related to the summer - for next season. We can't expect to bin all the garbage in one year. So sadly a bunch of the trash will have to hang around for a little while longer.

    Martin Dubravka - Keep

    Ciaran Clark - Keep

    Paul Dummett - Flush

    Fabian Schär - Keep

    Jamaal Lascelles - Keep

    Andy Carroll - Flush

    Jonjo Shelvey - Keep

    Joelinton - Flush

    Allan Saint-Maximin - Keep

    Matt Ritchie - Keep

    Dwight Gayle - Flush

    Yoshinori Muto - Flush

    Isaac Hayden - Keep

    Emil Krafth - Flush

    Federico Fernandez - Keep (unless we bring Koulabali never gonna happen)

    Javier Manquillo - Flush

    Florian Lejeune - Keep

    Rob Elliot - Flush

    DeAndre Yedlin - Keep

    Valentino Lazaro - Flush

    Miguel Almiron- Keep

    Karl Darlow - Flush

    Danny Rose - Flush

    Christian Atsu - Flush

    Liam Gibson - Flush

    Sean Longstaff - Keep

    Nabil Bentaleb - Flush

    Matty Longstaff - Keep

    Lewis Cass - Flush

    Elias Sorensen - Keep

    Thomas Allan - Flush

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    867
    So you wanna get rid of 16 players in one summer and leave just 15? It’s not that easy. We’d have to keep most of the squad, get rid of Saviet, Lazaar and Colback and then look to bring in 3 players who can start and maybe another 2 with long term potential and build from there.

    Players like Carroll and Dummet might not bring a lot on the pitch but they’ll make a big difference in the changing room and be able teach the new players what it means to play for Newcastle United and what it means to the fans.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,256
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    Here is the list. I've put keep or flush - as in flush the turd. This is related to the summer - for next season. We can't expect to bin all the garbage in one year. So sadly a bunch of the trash will have to hang around for a little while longer.

    Martin Dubravka - Keep

    Ciaran Clark - Keep

    Paul Dummett - Flush

    Fabian Schär - Keep

    Jamaal Lascelles - Keep

    Andy Carroll - Flush

    Jonjo Shelvey - Keep

    Joelinton - Flush

    Allan Saint-Maximin - Keep

    Matt Ritchie - Keep

    Dwight Gayle - Flush

    Yoshinori Muto - Flush

    Isaac Hayden - Keep

    Emil Krafth - Flush

    Federico Fernandez - Keep (unless we bring Koulabali never gonna happen)

    Javier Manquillo - Flush

    Florian Lejeune - Keep

    Rob Elliot - Flush

    DeAndre Yedlin - Keep

    Valentino Lazaro - Flush

    Miguel Almiron- Keep

    Karl Darlow - Flush

    Danny Rose - Flush

    Christian Atsu - Flush

    Liam Gibson - Flush

    Sean Longstaff - Keep

    Nabil Bentaleb - Flush

    Matty Longstaff - Keep

    Lewis Cass - Flush

    Elias Sorensen - Keep

    Thomas Allan - Flush
    It could be done depending on how busy the new owners scouting system has a) been working and b) how ready and quickly are they able to negotiate and pounce quickly.

    Among the keeps there is a nucleus of a first team so additions would only need tweaking and introducing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •