+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Who Am I Quiz (No 62)

Quote Originally Posted by jakethemiller View Post
    Charlie Williams
    BY 'eck that took some getting. Well done Jake.

I am Charlie Williams

I was a bit of a late developer. Signed at 20, debut at 22 for Doncaster Rovers but didn't become a regular until the age of 27.

My best known goal came against one of the Radio Sheffield six. Against Barnsley. Must have been my best known goal as it was the only one.

I played at lots of clubs but I'm considered a hero at one in particular. Mostly Working Mens' Clubs. Only football club was Donny where I was voted all time cult hero.

I appeared with two famous Leeds players, who despite their initials were not saviours of the human race. Both John Charles and Jackie Charlton appeared on my episode of "This is Your Life".

All things considered, I have an unfortunate middle name. Adolphus the Latin version of Adolf. Unfortunate considering Hitler's opinion of my race.

I once tried an unusual kind of shot, but failed spectacularly. The Golden Shot on TV but it was a disaster.

During my time there, the team I played for had their most successful period in history but won nothing. Doncaster Rovers during the 1950s.

I remained in the public eye, but didn't go into management after my playing days ended. I was on TV. Received and MBE for my charity work.

Sadly, my most famous team mate died earlier this year. Harry Gregg who was goalkeeper during my time at Donny. Moved on to Man Utd where he became a hero of the Munich Air Disaster.

I played alongside Englishmen and Irishmen but I don't remember any Scotsmen. On The Comedians TV show.

They even used to smoke and drink while in action. On The Comedians.

I wasn't a great player but I certainly stood out on the pitch. As one of a very few black players playing in the post war era.

I was born in one local town and the only league team I played for was another. Born in Barnsley (Royston) and played for Doncaster.

I was more famous later on a Saturday than I ever was at 3pm. Should be obvious why by now

Talking of the Golden Shot, here's something to remind you of why the 70s were so great

Name:  anne.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  71.1 KB

Newspaper guy on The Wire:

"You don't read about statuesque blondes in the newspaper anymore. Buxom ones, neither. They're like a lost race."

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Newspaper guy on The Wire:

"You don't read about statuesque blondes in the newspaper anymore. Buxom ones, neither. They're like a lost race."
    Many thought the first Mrs CAM was Anne Aston and she had many similarities. Just over 5', blonde, not good at maths, brought up in Sandwell and supported WBA. Unfortunately she didn't have the same ***** statistics exhibited in that Sherpa Vans ad.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Many thought the first Mrs CAM was Anne Aston and she had many similarities. Just over 5', blonde, not good at maths, brought up in Sandwell and supported WBA. Unfortunately she didn't have the same ***** statistics exhibited in that Sherpa Vans ad.
    I suppose it was the straighter sides and the boxed-in wheel arches you were looking for, CAM...

(Are the five stars/v.ital issue a throw back to some enmity between Millers mad and the other football site?)

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    I suppose it was the straighter sides and the boxed-in wheel arches you were looking for, CAM...

(Are the five stars/v.ital issue a throw back to some enmity between Millers mad and the other football site?)
    That's right CT As for the MM word filtering it's a mystery. I thought BigRich did introduce that one when the rival site was poaching posters but still can't work out why t.een is starred out in ****ager?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345