+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pinillos and Thiam free to leave

Pinillos and Thiam free to leave

Dani Pinillos and Mamadou Thiam are free to find another club, Kilian Ludewig and Sami Radlinger are likely to have their deals extended and Barnsley are yet to make a final decision on Kenny Dougall’s future.

The Reds have several players out of contract on June 30 and, with the season likely to continue beyond then, they can either release them, sign them on a new long-term contract or agree a short extension until the end of the campaign. Struber told the Chronicle: “We can sign some players for another month or two months. Extending players’ contracts is not the big problem. We know we can create a good and fair situation for the players and the club.”

Dougall’s deal is due to expire on June 30 but Barnsley have the option to extend it for a further year. Although the 27-year-old Australian midfielder is one of the senior players in the dressing room and has been helping negotiate a possible pay deferral for the players, he has struggled for regular football under Struber. He has started just nine league games this season, the last being in the 3-0 home loss to Preston North End in January. Barnsley may be keen to keep him for the remainder of the season in case of injury or suspension to the first choice midfielders, so could offer him a short extension.

Struber said: “We will see with Kenny. He is a very serious player. He has no gametime in the last few months but he is a good player and we will see what we can do with him. We are in an exchange with him and we will see what is best for the club and also for the player.”

Radlinger, who has been first choice goalkeeper when fit, and full-back Kilian Ludewig who is on a season-long loan from Struber’s former club Red Bull Salzburg, will both see their current Reds deals end next month but are set to train at Oakwell on Monday. Struber said: “I am in an exchange with the sports director for Red Bull Salzburg and he told me we will find a solution for Kili. I am also in exchange with the agent of Sami and I also hope we can find a good solution.”

The other players who are out of contract include left-back Dani Pinillos and winger Mamadou Thiam – who have not played at all under Struber and are likely to be released. Struber said: “In my time, they have found my philosophy and style of play a big challenge. Honestly it is better when Mamadou and Dani search for a new club.”

Struber said that Toby Sibbick – who had been on loan at Hearts whose season has been cancelled – could train with the Reds squad but will not play this season. Barnsley have given 21-year-old midfielder Romal Palmer a two-year contract extension while they are set to announce which of their under 18s and under 23s players will be kept on over the next few days.

Meanwhile, Portsmouth manager Kenny Jackett indicated this week that he would like to sign Barnsley loanee Cameron McGeehan permanently.

Radlinger out for me. But by the time we get to go back, the under nines goalkeeper will be the first team choice!

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Radlinger out for me. But by the time we get to go back, the under nines goalkeeper will be the first team choice!
    Haha