+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holiday tough choices

Thanks for your comments guys. Unfortunately we are on Ryanair all 11 of us. Problems I have with taking a credit note if we are offered one, is the house and plane tickets are for 11.

This is a one off trip which cannot happen in 12 months time. The villa company have offered us a rebook in 12 months time but if we go Next year there will be only 2 of us rattling around in a 7 bedroom house and we still have a balance to pay which is more than what we usually pay to rent for the 2 of us. Due to several other issues the Oz side cannot come next year.

Just going to wait and see what evolves over the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    Thanks for your comments guys. Unfortunately we are on Ryanair all 11 of us. Problems I have with taking a credit note if we are offered one, is the house and plane tickets are for 11.

This is a one off trip which cannot happen in 12 months time. The villa company have offered us a rebook in 12 months time but if we go Next year there will be only 2 of us rattling around in a 7 bedroom house and we still have a balance to pay which is more than what we usually pay to rent for the 2 of us. Due to several other issues the Oz side cannot come next year.

Just going to wait and see what evolves over the next few weeks.

The resort where you are going Yarm will be a damn sight cleaner than most places over here and the Spanish have been more rigorous with their lock down so honestly think you are safer there than being here. Going on a plane would not worry me as much as the underground. Personally I would go unless you have any underlying symptoms.

Life is for living and not ruled out going myself yet! For **** sake - you could have a heart attach or get hit with a bus!

Quote Originally Posted by BARBaggies82 View Post
    What did you think of Fuerteventura Phil?

People either love it or think it's a dump. We love it but have to admit the first time we went and looked out of the plane window we thought about staying on and coming straight back!

We go every January 2 weeks AI for about 1500 quid (family of 4) in a half decent hotel. You can't live here for far off that money.

Really not sure about this Jan though. The hotels and bars will be open but under what restrictions I do wonder.
    No fun if we cant swim in the pool or eat in a civilised manner in the restaurant.

Hi BB It was my first time visiting the island and it was a very relaxing week really enjoyed it. When the winds died down it was flippin hot, 26c on average very day. We stayed in a self catering chalet on a complex in La Oliva and mainly stayed by the pool. Not much to see where we stayed as it became very rocky if you walked out of the complex.

We caught the bus laid on by the complex and visited the huge shopping centre in Corralejo loads to see there with eateries and the beach. Wouldn't mind going again maybe the Southern end next time.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Loved San Francisco when we went there a few years ago Tipp and Alcatraz is an absolute must. We stayed in Vegas too and thought it would be a bit tacky but was surprised with beautiful hotels and we hired a car to drive around red rock canyon which was fantastic..........

Only negative with San Francisco was the amount of homeless people sleeping rough which they seem to have sorted in New York!
    Hopefully I'll get there next year Al. I would very fearful of flying anywhere at the moment and certainly not before a vaccine becomes available.

Quote Originally Posted by BARBaggies82 View Post
    What did you think of Fuerteventura Phil?

People either love it or think it's a dump. We love it but have to admit the first time we went and looked out of the plane window we thought about staying on and coming straight back!

We go every January 2 weeks AI for about 1500 quid (family of 4) in a half decent hotel. You can't live here for far off that money.

Really not sure about this Jan though. The hotels and bars will be open but under what restrictions I do wonder.
    No fun if we cant swim in the pool or eat in a civilised manner in the restaurant.
    I’ve been a few times and I like Corralejo but everywhere else I visited I disliked.

Too many Germans in a lot of the places.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I’ve been a few times and I like Corralejo but everywhere else I visited I disliked.

Full of Germans and nudists in the sand dunes. I contracted hotels there in 1987 for Horizon and we were always given the s hit rooms as British Tour Operators can’t get anywhere near the German hotel rates! Remember in 1988 we had an Orion Airways Airbus that came in ( then the airline of Horizon Holidays who I worked for ) and as the airport closed at 8pm there was an issue as the aircraft went tech and could not leave. My role was to ensure all the cabin crew were looked after for the night!

Due to go on on a Greek cruise in September with marrela, I'm quite happy to go but it's 2 week quarantine thats a pisser. Wife happy just to defer payments as we're still dealing with Celebrity tui and marrela over cancelled holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

The further south you go the more Germans you get.

We stay in Caleta de Fuste and anything south of there is German territory.

Ironically, and all the years I've been going there, I've always wanted to visit "Villa Winter" in a remote village in the south called Cofete.

There is huge rumour and myth that this place was a bolt hole for Hitler and his generals following defeat in WW2.
    Having seen pictures of the villa and its surgical interior you can understand the myth that Hitler was to be brought there to have plastic surgery to change his identity.

Fascinating stuff but probably a load of Bobhollux (there's a blast from the past!)

NZ no new cases for a week and only one case in the country. Australian just the odd isolated case for the last week. The two countries are working on a travel bubble system so people can travel between the countries from September.

Singapore almost on top of the virus and now looking to create some travel bubbles but so that international travel as we no ew it will take some time before it is up and running.

Ryanair and the like opening up as many plane routes as it can from next month along with Easyjet! The UK travellers who book these tickets will no doubt be expecting us to fly them back for free once the second peak comes as they will not be covered by insurance.

We have no idea. Just stop these rogues from being able to allow people to book on the planes for goodness sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    NZ no new cases for a week and only one case in the country. Australian just the odd isolated case for the last week. The two countries are working on a travel bubble system so people can travel between the countries from September.

Singapore almost on top of the virus and now looking to create some travel bubbles but so that international travel as we no ew it will take some time before it is up and running.

Ryanair and the like opening up as many plane routes as it can from next month along with Easyjet! The UK travellers who book these tickets will no doubt be expecting us to fly them back for free once the second peak comes as they will not be covered by insurance.

We have no idea. Just stop these rogues from being able to allow people to book on the planes for goodness sake.
    I can’t think of a single company that has been more disreputable and exploitive of the situation during this crisis than Ryanair. I’ve just got a refund from them via a MasterCard chargeback which for anyone owed money by them is the only way. They’re saying they will only pay refunds if after 12 months vouchers aren’t used.

Given the majority of people cannot do a two week quarantine period or have genuine concerns about travelling on a plane, by announcing these flights next month, they’re removing their obligation to offer refunds for summer bookings as they know the majority won’t or can’t fly. Shameful. The CAA are proving how useless they are in all of this

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)