+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holiday tough choices

Agree totally about Ryanair.

I go to Majorca most years, just the 2 of us and always with Jet2. This year as there are 11 of us of all ages, we reluctantly booked (in August 2019) on Ryanair as they fly at 0930 against the Jet2 flight at 0630. Thought of getting 5 kids ready to be at the airport was not appealing.

Will never book with them again. At the moment they will not even give us vouchers as they have said they are going to fly out on 18th July so tough! The fact that some of our party can’t even get out of Australia even if they didn’t want to (Singapore cancelled all flights) and can’t get here even if they wanted to, tough.

Quote Originally Posted by BARBaggies82 View Post
    The further south you go the more Germans you get.

We stay in Caleta de Fuste and anything south of there is German territory.

Ironically, and all the years I've been going there, I've always wanted to visit "Villa Winter" in a remote village in the south called Cofete.

There is huge rumour and myth that this place was a bolt hole for Hitler and his generals following defeat in WW2.
    Having seen pictures of the villa and its surgical interior you can understand the myth that Hitler was to be brought there to have plastic surgery to change his identity.

Fascinating stuff but probably a load of Bobhollux (there's a blast from the past!)

Cofete good for exploring. Caleta de Fuste great as just 10 mins from airport. When I first went there to contract the first U.K. Tour Operator on to the island - Caleta was just a small resort with villas and there was nothing on the hillside. Fuerteventura in 1985 was a desert island with a tiny airport and there was just our one weekly flight from Orion Airways and baggage came out on a tractor and left on an outside wall for customers to claim. Those were the days.....

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    Agree totally about Ryanair.

I go to Majorca most years, just the 2 of us and always with Jet2. This year as there are 11 of us of all ages, we reluctantly booked (in August 2019) on Ryanair as they fly at 0930 against the Jet2 flight at 0630. Thought of getting 5 kids ready to be at the airport was not appealing.

Will never book with them again. At the moment they will not even give us vouchers as they have said they are going to fly out on 18th July so tough! The fact that some of our party can’t even get out of Australia even if they didn’t want to (Singapore cancelled all flights) and can’t get here even if they wanted to, tough.
    I agree Jet2 are very good Yarm. I flew with them several times to Naples, Verona and Austria and always liked them. I’m not sure if one person booked all of your party’s flights on one card or whether they were booked by several people but if there are clear barriers to flying then I would 100% take it up with your card provider. They will view each booking on its own merits. Not all banks are playing ball but if you do it right you should see your money if you’ve a case inside a month. If you do go this route I’m happy to let you know what you need to say as I won my dispute with them which not everyone has done. I spoke to a lawyer friend prior to taking it up.

Do not waste your time with Ryanair as it’s pointless and whatever you do don’t call their phone line as you will pay 16p a minute and will be on hold for sometimes hours. Sadly Ryanair won’t go bust as they’re the richest airline in Europe but I just hope Jet2 stick around as I’d use them like a shot and they’re refunding really quickly which is a credit to them

Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
    I agree Jet2 are very good Yarm. I flew with them several times to Naples, Verona and Austria and always liked them. I’m not sure if one person booked all of your party’s flights on one card or whether they were booked by several people but if there are clear barriers to flying then I would 100% take it up with your card provider. They will view each booking on its own merits. Not all banks are playing ball but if you do it right you should see your money if you’ve a case inside a month. If you do go this route I’m happy to let you know what you need to say as I won my dispute with them which not everyone has done. I spoke to a lawyer friend prior to taking it up.

Do not waste your time with Ryanair as it’s pointless and whatever you do don’t call their phone line as you will pay 16p a minute and will be on hold for sometimes hours. Sadly Ryanair won’t go bust as they’re the richest airline in Europe but I just hope Jet2 stick around as I’d use them like a shot and they’re refunding really quickly which is a credit to them

Jet2 are cheap and cheerful but staff are always bubbly and brilliant where Virgin Atlantic staff are over sized and dull, and whilst drinks are meant to be free on Virgin they come around about once when flying to the US to blatantly save money. In contrast, I would rather pay as Jet 2 staff are forever bringing drinks around, and hot toasties are really good.

Jet2 belong to quite a well run company in Dart so they should be fine.

Tenby for me as soon as those t w a t s in Wales allow us over the border.

Scandalous how they charge us a 50% Council Tax Surcharge for having a second home yet have refused to waive this whilst banning us from our own property.

I’m thinking of starting a “Class Action” for holiday owners against Pembroke CC.

They are a horrible council to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Tenby for me as soon as those t w a t s in Wales allow us over the border.

Scandalous how they charge us a 50% Council Tax Surcharge for having a second home yet have refused to waive this whilst banning us from our own property.

I’m thinking of starting a “Class Action” for holiday owners against Pembroke CC.

They are a horrible council to deal with.

Tend to find welsh customers the biggest moaners! Never honestly stayed in this country for holidays since being about 12 - too expensive - full of chavs and crap weather. Did a management conference at Centre Parcs and did not rate that either - rubbish accommodation - overcrowded pool and a rip off for every activity and eating and drinking places!

I've never been abroad
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    I've always been a man....

I was going to Somerset for the week last week. The holiday company cancelled it and tried to get out of refunding my money. They eventually did...in full. Pity we didn't get to go, good beer quaffing weather!
    Last week of March we were going to the Isle of Wight for 4 nights. We cancelled this 2/3 days before. Didn't try to get a refund on this one as it was us who cancelled. The weather was pretty good that week as well.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    I was going to Somerset for the week last week. The holiday company cancelled it and tried to get out of refunding my money. They eventually did...in full. Pity we didn't get to go, good beer quaffing weather!
    Last week of March we were going to the Isle of Wight for 4 nights. We cancelled this 2/3 days before. Didn't try to get a refund on this one as it was us who cancelled. The weather was pretty good that week as well.
    Now then HLC is your surname Cummings?

At the end of March you were not permitted to travel within the UK unless it was essential. I had a weekend booked in Northumberland (Christmas present) but didn’t go either.

The hotel moved it to early October for me as it was Covid related and we were not permitted to travel rather than we decided we didn’t want to travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    Now then HLC is your surname Cummings?

At the end of March you were not permitted to travel within the UK unless it was essential. I had a weekend booked in Northumberland (Christmas present) but didn’t go either.

The hotel moved it to early October for me as it was Covid related and we were not permitted to travel rather than we decided we didn’t want to travel.

Chris was just going to get his eyes tested!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)