+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T This is worthy of your attention lads and lasses

O/T This is worthy of your attention lads and lasses

https://www.gofundme.com/f/british-a...pd+share-sheet

Please at least give it a read. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    https://www.gofundme.com/f/british-a...pd+share-sheet

Please at least give it a read. Thanks.
    disgusting that we don't look after our own - he served his time it should count for more than someone coming and sitting in a house for a couple years offering nothing to the community or country

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    disgusting that we don't look after our own - he served his time it should count for more than someone coming and sitting in a house for a couple years offering nothing to the community or country
    yep

Well it's a political decision which has led us to this point.

People preferred to vote for Boris and Brexit rather than policies.

Labour intended to fund the NHS and improve social services, bring national transport network & energy markets back into public ownership.

So no one should be surprised or disgusted sadly.

I hate to sound brutal but the classic 'A country get's the Gov it deserves' comes to mind.

The main reason I left the UK was due to not recognising it as the country I grew up in.

People used to stand together, the tradesmen, unionists; we truly had community.

When the Con-LibDem circle jerk when completely blue I was out the door.

I can mind my own business out here as the politics have nothing to do with me. Whilst I have distanced myself from all the garbage going on back home.

When I'm back I feel like a tourist, it's always great to visit but I'm always happy when I had my passport over at the airport on my way back out.

Best of luck lads, this is a sorry indictment of the modern political status quo.

Target achieved with thanks.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#in...KGmGXSvTbfGtlX

These are people who give their lives for the protection of the rest of us. There ought to be a specific national department in the government to deal with these situations instead of having to depend on the public's generosity, which is of course appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    Well it's a political decision which has led us to this point.

People preferred to vote for Boris and Brexit rather than policies.

Labour intended to fund the NHS and improve social services, bring national transport network & energy markets back into public ownership.

So no one should be surprised or disgusted sadly.

I hate to sound brutal but the classic 'A country get's the Gov it deserves' comes to mind.

The main reason I left the UK was due to not recognising it as the country I grew up in.

People used to stand together, the tradesmen, unionists; we truly had community.

When the Con-LibDem circle jerk when completely blue I was out the door.

I can mind my own business out here as the politics have nothing to do with me. Whilst I have distanced myself from all the garbage going on back home.

When I'm back I feel like a tourist, it's always great to visit but I'm always happy when I had my passport over at the airport on my way back out.

Best of luck lads, this is a sorry indictment of the modern political status quo.
    We had a choice at the last election of voting for communists that had taken over the Labour Party or a Patriot who wanted us out of the undemocratic EU.I am a former Labour Party delegate and like Thousands of former miners in the midlands voted for Boris to keep out the left wing extremists.Yes Corbyn promised to pump money into the NHS but he also promised money to every popular cause and the figures did not add up,people are not stupid and can add up unlike Diane Abbot whose figures meant all the extra police would be on £700 per year.By the way this Government are recruiting thousands of nurses and police even though the pandemic is going to cost the country billions.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    By the way this Government are recruiting thousands of nurses and police even though the pandemic is going to cost the country billions.

Regardless of who anybody voted for, believe this then you will believe anything. Put it this way, if it does happen I will buy a season ticket and go and watch the tramps.
    Laying off Doctors and Nurses, laying off Police officers in the past then say you are recruiting x amount after doing so just doesnt make sense unless you surpass the amount in the first place.
    Just for the record I didn't vote in the election as it was a toss up who to trust between 2 men I wouldn't trust to run a bath never mind a country.

Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    We had a choice at the last election of voting for communists that had taken over the Labour Party or a Patriot who wanted us out of the undemocratic EU.I am a former Labour Party delegate and like Thousands of former miners in the midlands voted for Boris to keep out the left wing extremists.Yes Corbyn promised to pump money into the NHS but he also promised money to every popular cause and the figures did not add up,people are not stupid and can add up unlike Diane Abbot whose figures meant all the extra police would be on £700 per year.By the way this Government are recruiting thousands of nurses and police even though the pandemic is going to cost the country billions.
    For patriot read incorrigable and inveterate liar, I agree with your Corbyn/Abbot comments and thus can't find a reasonable, honest argument for giving either a vote.

It's amost rather like asking who you prefer to rule you between Stalin and Hitler. Neither thankyou, I'll wait for better to turn up when the dust has settled

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    For patriot read incorrigable and inveterate liar, I agree with your Corbyn/Abbot comments and thus can't find a reasonable, honest argument for giving either a vote.

It's amost rather like asking who you prefer to rule you between Stalin and Hitler. Neither thankyou, I'll wait for better to turn up when the dust has settled
    Stalin and Hitler a bit strong,Corbyn a Republican Marxist who attends IRA memorial meetings backs Marxist regimes such as the one in Venezuela and wants to unilaterally get rid of our armed forces,and Boris Johnson who believes in the British constitution that has been with us since the Glorious Revolution of 1688 when James the second was deposed and replaced with his Son in Law and daughter William and Mary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)