+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 59 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Disgrace Cummings

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Have you spoken to anyone else about this?

Everyone I've spoken to said the media were making a mountain out of a molehill.

IMO the media is out of touch with the public again like they were with Brexit.
    Quite a number of people on my partners side , relatives and friends voted for Johnson last December and are outraged .

Lads who I work with who voted for Johnson and other than one of them are also outraged .

I would imagine there's plenty of relatives and friends of people of the 36k equally unimpressed to say the least .

Stories that dominate the media coverage for 3 days tend not to be molehills .

But as Johnson told you tonight , you make your own mind up .

Have you spoken to anyone else about this?

Everyone I've spoken to said the media were making a mountain out of a molehill.

IMO the media is out of touch with the public again like they were with Brexit.
    This is pretty powerful stuff and gets to the heart of why people are outraged .

I think you will find that Johnson and his sidekick are the ones out of touch .

https://mobile.twitter.com/tug/statu...15080132182016

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    This is pretty powerful stuff and gets to the heart of why people are outraged .

I think you will find that Johnson and his sidekick are the ones out of touch .

https://mobile.twitter.com/tug/statu...15080132182016
    Twitter is very much a bubble, with a strong bias to the young, urban left.

If only people on Twitter were allowed to vote Corbyn would have won in a landslide.

Twitter is very much a bubble, with a strong bias to the young, urban left.

If only people on Twitter were allowed to vote Corbyn would have won in a landslide.
    Well there's over half a million signatures on a petition asking for Cummings to be sacked , it was going at a rate of 1000 every five minutes this evening according to what I've read tonight .

I take the point petitions are about as useful as tyts on a fish but I was merely pointing out the depth of feeling to this thing .

I'm only responding to you Fire , you've clearly made your own mind up on the matter .

I think most people have been breaking the rules and visiting relatives and talking to them in the garden or over the fence so they're not going to be hypocritical about it.

The people who weren't allowed to visit their children or parents on their deathbeds will be angry but that should never have happened and will no doubt be covered in the inevitable Coronavirus enquiry.

I’m amazed with the so called “social distancing” being adopted by the paparazzi. Even if Cummings was wrong they wouldnt move back to let him get in the car! Shades of Princess Diana and Paris.

They travelled to his house. Not essential travel.
    And not social distancing. Sack them all.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Really surprised me with that comment.
    Suggests that "stay at home" was erroneous advice. Can everyone say "what's the odds?"
    You need to consider the context of my comment, which was in response to the apparent view of some that Cummings’ behaviour was more reprehensible than that of the press pack who door-stepped him.

No, the stay at home advice is not erroneous. It is about reducing the rate at which the virus spread by restricting the opportunities for it to do so. My observation was that the opportunity for the virus to be spread by Cummings’ trip was small and that relying, as raging did, upon the vanishingly small risk that he would be involved in an accident that required the attendance of the emergency services smacked of desperation to try to find an argument.

Everybody assesses their own risks, or at least they should do.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    Oh come on, I'm not really defending the media distancing, I said it's wrong, I'm saying we shouldn't hold the press to the same standard of account as those who make our laws and then violate them, surely that's not controversial?
    You were suggesting that the reporters were performing an important job, which on examination appears to be allowing you to watch a media scrum and convince yourself that something that you wanted to believe was true. That is a pretty powerful card in the Top Trump crap post deck.

Surely the important argument here is that everyone is equal under the law and Covic guidance? You seem to have decided that you will tolerate lower standards from the media than from people who are on the current hate list for Labour Party members.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Blimey. I'm astonished to hear you say that. One of the whole points of the lockdown and only taking essential journeys was to protect emergency services. No? His wife had Covid, and he suspected he might have it also. Yet he still decided to undertake a 4 hour journey, to say nothing about taking a one hour journey 2 weeks later to see if he felt safe to drive back to London.

It's been discussed on here frequently about how nob heads are driving around in early lock down days, risking emergency services. If inferior MM brains can get their heads around the risk of unnecessary journeys, I'm surprised your superior intellect can't! ��
    The lockdown is about maths. It’s about reducing the risk of transmission. If it was about reducing the risk of contact with the emergency services, they would be better off banning DIY and garden trampolines.

If I were a Labour Party member, I would be asking for an inquiry in to how Labour has been reduced from being a credible political party into one that seems only capable of running hate campaigns. In the 2019 GE, you splashed resources up the wall on pointless vanity projects like trying to unseat Duncan-Smith and Raab and since then you’ve had campaigns against Patel and even Labour Party employees. You now apparently think it is a good idea to have a campaign against a bloke who made a decision in difficult circumstances about how best to look after his five year old child. It’s pathetic and sad.

Page 22 of 59 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast