+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 35 of 59 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Disgrace Cummings

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    No you didn't. I was comparing your point to that of my learned friend, raging.
    Is it not the case each member of the public made a deal with Gov to stick to the regulations?

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    It isn't about one journey though is it - it's about us collectively. I think that one of the points of the 'don't make unnecessary journeys' was to avoid the danger of breakdowns/accidents and necessity of assistance and therefore endangering others. I'm not sure you're getting the grasp of the importance of 'collective responsibility' which is the point made by the senior scientific advisor I linked to yesterday. That's the whole point of that.

However, as I've said repeatedly, that journey up North isn't the problem many have issues with. It's the journey to the castle, the blatant lie behind it, and the blatant lies from the Government in the press conference last Friday ("he stayed at the farm for 2 weeks and made no journeys").
    It's about two journeys that collectively posed minimal risk to the public. Should he have made them? Certainly not the second. Is it worth the politically motivated feeding frenzy? Not in my opinion. There are people dieing and this is what we want to talk about?

Pathetic.

As for dishonesty, as I pointed out earlier, I think it is now endemic in British politics. Remember how you slavishly adopted the 'evolving' excuses put out by Corbyn's team as they tried to excuse his support for an anti-Semitic mural? I do.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Nope are you?
    Now your question: barrister or solicitor?
    Well done. When did you stop? You were driving out to the Peak District at the start of lockdown.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Is it not the case each member of the public made a deal with Gov to stick to the regulations?
    Pardon?

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    I'm not sure the journey he was the problem for me. It was the fact he thought he and his wife had covid that potential could have endangered others plus the 30 mile trip to test his eyesight was a blatant lie.
    For me it's a trust issue. I'm ok with him breaking the lock down rules, each to there own. but he has to face conciseness if caught. He got caught so he should step down.

Tbh I'm surprised that the police have not asked him why he thought it was appropriate to drive when he thought his vision was impaired and unsure if his vision was adequate to endure a long journey.
    The police have better things to do

Kerr said

As for dishonesty, as I pointed out earlier, I think it is now endemic in British politics. Remember how you slavishly adopted the 'evolving' excuses put out by Corbyn's team as they tried to excuse his support for an anti-Semitic mural? I do.

Is there something wrong with you wanting to bring Corbyn into this for as you say & I quote " There are people dying and this is what we want to talk about? "
    You total plonker & hypocrite & all in one post
    If anyone's pathetic it's you
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 27-05-2020 at 07:29 PM.

14000 fines

Exactly. The police have better things to do than regulate lockdown.

So what is the mental process that compelled the vast majority to adhere to these regulations?

Pardon?
    What is it you think we've been doing every day for the last few months? How do you think it came about that the vast majority of the population chose to what they have done?

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    You dont need to pretend to be dumb. Lol.

What is it you think it is we've been every day for the last few months? How do you think it came about that the vast majority of the population chose to abide by the rules??
    Don't ask dumb questions and I won't have to respond in kind. Deal with the public?

Good grief.

I think people chose to abide by the rules for a number of reasons.

The reaction to schools being reopened suggests that many people are doing it for the well being and safety of themselves and their families, which, on the face of it was the motivation for Cumming's decision to drive to Durham. For some it will be because they have got the (mathematical) message that reducing the transmission rate is important in order to protect the NHS from being overwhelmed. For others it might be through peer pressure or a fear of being fined. It's probably a combination of factors.

Page 35 of 59 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast