+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 36 of 59 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Disgrace Cummings

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Don't ask dumb questions and I won't have to respond in kind. Deal with the public?

Good grief.

I think people chose to abide by the rules for a number of reasons.

The reaction to schools being reopened suggests that many people are doing it for the well being and safety of themselves and their families, which, on the face of it was the motivation for Cumming's decision to drive to Durham. For some it will be because they have got the (mathematical) message that reducing the transmission rate is important in order to protect the NHS from being overwhelmed. For others it might be through peer pressure or a fear of being fined. It's probably a combination of factors.
    Just what do you see as the reaction to schools being reopened
    & like it or not Kerr the public had to have the will to conform ie "the deal" with th the Gov't which this Cummings idiotic excuses has now put that "deal" in jeopardy
    If ever there was a dumb response you have just made it
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 27-05-2020 at 08:05 PM.

Don't ask dumb questions and I won't have to respond in kind. Deal with the public?

Good grief.

I think people chose to abide by the rules for a number of reasons.

The reaction to schools being reopened suggests that many people are doing it for the well being and safety of themselves and their families, which, on the face of it was the motivation for Cumming's decision to drive to Durham. For some it will be because they have got the (mathematical) message that reducing the transmission rate is important in order to protect the NHS from being overwhelmed. For others it might be through peer pressure or a fear of being fined. It's probably a combination of factors.
    Absolutely. All of the examples youve listed is a series of deals that Johnsons brokered through his various briefings delivered direct to the living room of each individual.

I'll explain it using your examples but you'll have to wait till tomorrow. Im sure you wont be able to sleep in anticipation - lol.

Even scaring people sh*tless which compels them to stay indoors is a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Absolutely. All of the examples youve listed is a series of deals that Johnsons brokered through his various briefings delivered direct to the living room of each individual.

I'll explain it using your examples but you'll have to wait till tomorrow. Im sure you wont be able to sleep in anticipation - lol.
    I will look out for it, but fear that our understanding of the word deal will be somewhat different.

60 Tory MP's have now spoken out against Cummings with 44 wanting him gone .

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-boris-johnson

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    60 Tory MP's have now spoken out against Cummings with 44 wanting him gone .

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-boris-johnson
    Give it a rest. Up the tories.

It's about two journeys that collectively posed minimal risk to the public. Should he have made them? Certainly not the second. Is it worth the politically motivated feeding frenzy? Not in my opinion. There are people dieing and this is what we want to talk about?

Pathetic.

As for dishonesty, as I pointed out earlier, I think it is now endemic in British politics. Remember how you slavishly adopted the 'evolving' excuses put out by Corbyn's team as they tried to excuse his support for an anti-Semitic mural? I do.
    You're really struggling with the grasp of collective responsibility aren't you? If we all feel that it is ok to make car journeys along the same lines (avoidable journeys, dubious but forgivable with one journey, but unforgivable with the other), then we have lots and lots of car journeys all over the place. As the scientist I linked to about Cummings behaviour said, he thought only of the 'I', not about the 'we'. And in doing so, according to this scientist, it puts more lives at risk as people respond to their leaders. You might not think so, but I think I'll defer to the scientist government advisor. Pity Cummings didn't.

Shame you think that these decisions by Cummings and the decision by our Government to collectively lie to us, is trivial and pathetic. But many think that it is unacceptable, the majority of the public indicating that this is so - out of interest, why do you think that they are so angry?

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Give it a rest. Up the tories.
    He can stay in the job for me pal , he's an asset for the Labour Party .

The what party ?😁😁😁😁😁😍

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    The what party ?😁😁😁😁😁😍
    Enjoy it while you can matey , the fall when it comes will be spectacular .

Crack on Boris .

Page 36 of 59 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast