+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 38 of 59 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Disgrace Cummings

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    The reaction to schools being reopened suggests that many people are doing it for the well being and safety of themselves and their families, which, on the face of it was the motivation for Cumming's decision to drive to Durham.
    OK, I'll give Cummings a free pass on the trip to Durham.

But I think you're way off the mark to suggest its a politically motivated witch hunt.

I genuinely believe it fundamentally undermines all government messaging in a dangerous way when he's making a 30 minute trip to what is coincidentally a tourist destination on his wife's birthday for an excuse that isn't just dodgy, but it criminal in its own right and a violation of all common sense.

I also think something that hasn't got the attention it deserved is that after his wife became unwell with what he knew could be Covid, and he considered it a "Distinct possibility" he had the virus himself - he still returned to Downing Street in person. This action put the lives of the people who work their and their families at risk, is clearly a total contradiction of the rules and basic common sense and to my eye borders on criminal. I'm asking, is this legal?

Johnson was grilled by a committee yesterday made up of 14 Remainers and one Leaver, of course it's politically motivated, it's the Remainer Civil Service led by Mark Sedwill (who Cummings tried to get replaced), Remainer MPs (plus some of the ones in the ERG group who Cummings attacked in his blog), and the Remainer media, the aim is to get an extension to the transition period for a least a year and hopefully two.

You've not been paying attention for the last 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Johnson was grilled by a committee yesterday made up of 14 Remainers and one Leaver, of course it's politically motivated, it's the Remainer Civil Service led by Mark Sedwill (who Cummings tried to get replaced), Remainer MPs (plus some of the ones in the ERG group who Cummings attacked in his blog), and the Remainer media, the aim is to get an extension to the transition period for a least a year and hopefully two.

You've not been paying attention for the last 4 years.
    Let's run with your view for the sake of argument Fire .

What you are saying is that Johnson aided by Cummings want to change the country .

The strategy Cummings has set out is to basically walk the corridors of Whitehall swinging a baseball bat .

This in effect is Thatcher picking a fight with the NUM in 1979 .

Except she knew she'd lose so chose to strike at a time when she'd won a second term and felt stronger after putting the pieces in place first .

Not only that Johnson is weak , Thatcher wasn't and you need guile and strength to change country's , Johnson and Cummings have neither .

There's some over stating of their abilities here , an attempted coup at best which in my opinion will be quashed and both their careers with it .

Tic toc Mr Kerr

Each time you don't answer my question I'm a bit more sure of your true identlty. Which sort of makes me think owt else you put on here is pure fantasy/ wind up. In fact I know your comments on Cummings are a wind up because even hard bitten tories on here have said he should resign or be sacked. 3o odd tory MPS said he should go but not the lawyer/ barrister madster on here...who isn't a tory voter by the way...all a bit strange...

Its just best ignoring him folks...don't feed the fool...
    Last edited by rolymiller; 28-05-2020 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Its just best ignoring ME folks...

.Howdy?..another one with strange credentials to ignore folks...

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Let's run with your view for the sake of argument Fire .

What you are saying is that Johnson aided by Cummings want to change the country .

The strategy Cummings has set out is to basically walk the corridors of Whitehall swinging a baseball bat .

This in effect is Thatcher picking a fight with the NUM in 1979 .

Except she knew she'd lose so chose to strike at a time when she'd won a second term and felt stronger after putting the pieces in place first .

Not only that Johnson is weak , Thatcher wasn't and you need guile and strength to change country's , Johnson and Cummings have neither .

There's some over stating of their abilities here , an attempted coup at best which in my opinion will be quashed and both their careers with it .
    He definitely needs to be more diplomatic, he's attacked the right of the Conservative Party as well as the wets, he's attacked the media prior to this, made a lot of enemies, but if you look at his track record, campaigned successfully against joining the Euro, won the referendum campaign against the odds, helped to win an 80 majority for the Tories, who else can take on Whitehall and the vested interests?

The left say he's the "real" PM but the man who really has the most power is Mark Sedwill as head of the Civil Service and Cabinet Secretary and they've not been able to budge him so far.

There is a real battle going on over who rules, the government or the Civil Service but you also have to factor in the UN, the EU, the banks, the big tech companies.

Businesses are going bankrupt, millions are being thrown on the dole, it's not like the media don't have anything to attack the government about, the fact that they've concentrated on Cummings instead shows it's still all about Brexit to them.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Businesses are going bankrupt, millions are being thrown on the dole, it's not like the media don't have anything to attack the government about, the fact that they've concentrated on Cummings instead shows it's still all about Brexit to them.
    What do you suggest they attack with businesses going bankrupt,millions being thrown on the dole just exactly should they attack about that?
    Your post suggests that you think there are many things to attack the Gov't on. Do you have any offerings?
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 28-05-2020 at 09:52 AM.

Page 38 of 59 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast