+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 39 of 59 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Disgrace Cummings

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    He definitely needs to be more diplomatic, he's attacked the right of the Conservative Party as well as the wets, he's attacked the media prior to this, made a lot of enemies, but if you look at his track record, campaigned successfully against joining the Euro, won the referendum campaign against the odds, helped to win an 80 majority for the Tories, who else can take on Whitehall and the vested interests?

The left say he's the "real" PM but the man who really has the most power is Mark Sedwill as head of the Civil Service and Cabinet Secretary and they've not been able to budge him so far.

There is a real battle going on over who rules, the government or the Civil Service but you also have to factor in the UN, the EU, the banks, the big tech companies.
    I'll try again Fire.

What do you think that Cummings wants to achieve if he succeeds with his aims of 'overthrowing' the civil service?

I'd be the first to agree that we could benefit with reviewing anything that blocks effective government, but what do you understand Cummings' end vision for the country to be? How will it be different to what we have today?

If you can explain that, maybe I could understand why you have so much faith in him? Without this, you're just supporting him in taking a hatchet to things that he might think are negative but are actually valuable. How do you know if you don't know his over riding plan?

Durham police say he's committed a "minor breach" of the regulations so expect the news to be all Cummings again tonight and plan accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Durham police say he's committed a "minor breach" of the regulations so expect the news to be all Cummings again tonight and plan accordingly.
    If that is true, then it would be quite something for a Government leader to be formally charged with breaking the rules that he helped to create, and ask the police to enforce on the public.

Can you not see how big that is?!

(and go on you little devil, have a go at answering my questions in post 381 above. Or at least say why you can't. I'm intrigued.

He isn't going to be charged.

"No retrospective action to be taken in line with approach during the crisis."

He would probably be wise to give an apology like Stephen Kinnock and then we can move on to the real news of the economy.
    Last edited by great_fire; 28-05-2020 at 12:20 PM.

surprise, surprise...do you think you would have got charged in the same circumstances gfire?

Actually now having read the statement they say "he might have committed a minor breach."

Kinnock definitely did and maybe more than a minor one.

Durham Police are no friends of the Tories, they have a Labour Commissioner and no doubt the senior officers have had the usual pro-EU (supported by Deutsche Bank) Common Purpose training.
    Last edited by great_fire; 28-05-2020 at 12:37 PM.

tic toc as they say...

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Didn't many traditional Labour voters vote Tory for the first time last December Cayton ?

I actually didn't vote at all myself and I didn't vote in 2005 either , Blair's third victory .

I presume what your inferring is that as a leaver and Johnson somehow pulls a trade deal rabbit out of the hat that would be good enough to get my Tory vote .

So one trade deal trumps the 28 years and counting I've had to go out and earn a living under a Tory government and pay my way in life ? .

That would also trump the fact that I disagree with their view of the role of the state , trickle down economics , privatisation of SOME former state controlled services and industries .

There's also the matter that in my opinion Johnson is the least credible PM this country's had in my lifetime with a team around him who aren't good enough to be in the jobs they hold .

There's no trade deal with the EU that's ever going to dismiss all the above with me personally .

To tell the truth and as a leaver it wouldn't be the worst idea in the world to extend our stay in the EU for 12 to 18 months whilst we are all reeling from the affects of the pandemic and assess our economic position .

Our economic position this year could lead to a very bad deal or none at all .

I'm not suggesting we should re-join but 12 to 18 months isn't a great length of time either and we could concentrate more effectively on putting the fires out in the UK which are going to be significant to say the least .
    Ok let's say Johnson pulls that rabbit on Brexit. Let's say he pours sensible money into the NHS (not like Blair did). And let's say the economy is strong. Yeah I know a very big bunny from a small Hat. But if he does that would he get your vote in 4 years time?

Not had a decent Brexit thread in a while.

Some might say that we have never had one.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Ok let's say Johnson pulls that rabbit on Brexit. Let's say he pours sensible money into the NHS (not like Blair did). And let's say the economy is strong. Yeah I know a very big bunny from a small Hat. But if he does that would he get your vote in 4 years time?
    let’s say the earth is flat.....

Page 39 of 59 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast