+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859

Thread: O/T Disgrace Cummings

Labour MP Barry Gardiner went to the Hyde Park protest yesterday after attacking Cummings 4 times.

There must be something in the genes that makes people both left-wing and unable to recognise hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    Oh come on, I'm not really defending the media distancing, I said it's wrong, I'm saying we shouldn't hold the press to the same standard of account as those who make our laws and then violate them, surely that's not controversial?
    Its weird you challenged me on my 'double standard' re: Cummings incident vs mosque, because we already had this exact same debate here where I already outlined that I do not advocate any breaking of social distancing, but I've been remarkably consistent my main gripe that with Cummings it wasn't the risk he created in the act itself, but rather its undermining the government's messaging and making it harder to enforce which will ultimately lead to far more harm.

The exact same argument. Right here. So I'm at a loss to why you made a straw man argument misrepresenting my position again today as some sort of double standard when we already covered why I don't see it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    There must be something in the genes that makes people both left-wing and unable to recognise hypocrisy.
    You only have to read John2's posts to confirm that. Like 2 Jags Rolex here we have a currency speculator and perennial good time Charlie on the ski slopes lecturing us on social morality on behalf of his remarkable pot pourri of exotic friends.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    You only have to read John2's posts to confirm that. Like 2 Jags Rolex here we have a currency speculator and perennial good time Charlie on the ski slopes lecturing us on social morality on behalf of his remarkable pot pourri of exotic friends.
    Did you say that you still consider yourself left wing Monts? I'm curious as to what left wing policies that you would like to see more prominent in the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    Fantasy Island is a very expensive place to live.
    Cold though so the snowflakes don't melt

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Did you say that you still consider yourself left wing Monts? I'm curious as to what left wing policies that you would like to see more prominent in the UK?
    Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    I don't see a dichotomy between left wing and hard work nor do I see any essential link between left wing and acceptance of either Islam, multiculturalism or Blackwashing. I am in favour (unlike the cowardly Labour Party) of a serious Wealth tax, an overhaul of Capital gains Tax, an end to the ludicrous exemptions to IHT ( for example allowing wealthy people to escape tax if they promise to let the public have access to their arts collections - access, my rrse!), an end to the scandalous rates and tax exemption enjoyed by agriculture, an end to the charitable status of public schools, a massive increase in Council Tax on second homes, a change in the tax treatment of non-doms, severe (and I mean f*cking severe) penalties for fraud and for money laundering by banks and the City of London, abolition of the House of Lords and imprisonment for those found to have taken money from foreign governments, an end to politicians and civil servants moving into the private sector and taking info with them, an end to favourable tax treatment on pensions for the higher paid, an end to the BBC, an end to the ability of the middle classes to pontificate about opportunity while buying educational advantage for their own children in a variety of ways), a People's Bank allowing individuals and funds to directly benefit from investment in infrastructure and training, massive investment in apprenticeships and an end to the near monopoly of a few large firms in house building, a return of social housing, punitive taxation on buy to let, serious restrictions on gambling and proper taxation of multi-nationals.
    That's the first manifesto. Then we get down to a serious restructuring of the UK.

Whoops a daisy

Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859