+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Disgrace Cummings

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    This is true people have been looking for reasons to go out around here for past 2 week they keep talking about photos of people on beach my own grandma who’s 81 said “look at all them on beach why can I not go out when they are I’m 81 me I should be enjoying myself at my age not wasting away here with this fake illness”

They see stuff on news and start to think if it’s all a conspiracy ffs
    Talking of news just heard 3 o'clock news on BBC radio 2

Lead story they were all over it like a rash but they didn't comment one way or the other. Instead they had a sound bite from the political editor of the Sun.

No bias of course.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    Good luck in your journalism career if you think asking people like Cummings for a Zoom call so you can call them out on their hypocrisy will get you anywhere.

They have provided important footage - I had been suspicious that his alleged trip to Barnard Castle has been made up - but seeing journalists ask him point blank to deny it and him refuse has helped inform my opinion.

I think they should do a better job of social distancing themselves, but their job is not to be squeaky clean, its to bring us the news.

In your example, the robber is the person who made robbing illegal in the first place.
    Important footage? Important in what way? To give your confirmation bias free rein?

The trip made by Cummings may or may not have exposed members of his family to the risk of infection but, if it did, the number of people involved was probably low. Compare that to the number of people involved in the media scrum that you seem to want to turn a blind eye to and everyone else they then associate with. I’m surprised that you could bring yourself to type such twaddle.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Important footage? Important in what way? To give your confirmation bias free rein?

The trip made by Cummings may or may not have exposed members of his family to the risk of infection but, if it did, the number of people involved was probably low. Compare that to the number of people involved in the media scrum that you seem to want to turn a blind eye to and everyone else they then associate with. I’m surprised that you could bring yourself to type such twaddle.
    tic toc.

How can I send some potential business your way if you don't tell me what you do?

Fed up with this to be honest. I am afraid this is detracting from the main issue. He should have walked yesterday. He is doing a press conference at 4pm in the ROSE GARDEN on DOWNING Street (live on Sky)
    His breaking of the lockdown is an insult to the intelligence of those who have died and family members not allowed at funerals. A lot of people have children with autism and I sympathise with that. However if Jo Public did it they would get fined.
    He breached the lockdown and in his position he should have gone.
    I hope that he has called this to announce his resignation.
    Unfortunately any credibility that our PM had has gone so why should we believe anything that comes out of his mouth. And this is coming from someone who voted for him.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post

Exposed just his family? What about the emergency services if they had had an accident en route and they needed to treat at least one patient suffering with Covid. Isn't that a factor? The number involved was probably low? That's OK then!

Agree about the press pack, as said earlier. Can't use that to deflect Cummings' actions though.

I'm not pushing for him to be sacked by the way. Just an acknowledgement and apology from him that he made a huge mistake/poor choice whilst many suffered by keeping to the rules and a suitable admonishment from No. 10. Instead, no apology and a rewriting of the rules. Let's all now follow our "instincts" guys!

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Really? Only idiots who have been flaunting lockdown rules from day one would use this excuse.
    Lol. Can they all go cap in hand to Boris to be absolved of all wrong doing?

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post

Agree about the press pack, as said earlier. Can't use that to deflect Cummings' actions though.

I'm not pushing for him to be sacked by the way. Just an acknowledgement and apology from him that he made a huge mistake/poor choice whilst many suffered by keeping to the rules!
    I agree with puppy both media and Cummings are in the wrong it’s no use trying to say ones ok and ones not both were in the wrong and I expect Cummings and media will never apologise because they are arrogant

Interested to hear your views on these stories Mr Top as an old pal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52798032

Just wondering like...what would you say to these people yourself?

(Just thought you might be looking in on this thread as you were on earlier so not trying to drag you in)

Also please notice that this comes under "uk politics" before you say it aint political this.

Hoping of a reply but not expecting it by the way
    Last edited by rolymiller; 25-05-2020 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Interested to hear your views on these stories Mr Top.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52798032
    Balanced and unbiased my arse

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Balanced and unbiased my arse
    ???

Which bit is unbalanced/ biased? Looks pretty factual to me. Real life/ death stories.

Are you saying these are false stories?
    Last edited by rolymiller; 25-05-2020 at 03:29 PM.

Page 17 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast