+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 37 of 59 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Disgrace Cummings

I think Cummings looked a bit like Denis Wise in his garden meeting with the media.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I will look out for it, but fear that our understanding of the word deal will be somewhat different.
    Whilst you're at it Kerr pick the bones out of this & let us know what you think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0tWyhkoP5c

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'd never vote for the Tories Cayton because of their total belief in reducing the role of the state and ideological total trust of private enterprise to run them instead .
    i always had you down as a reasonable open minded individual animal. the comment above makes me believe your political views have very little clout. even if someone does good you would not vote them in because you dont like the party. think ive mentioned this before. this is whats wrong with labour voters today.
    o well thats my political contribution for another month back into hibernation

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a9532451.html

.....and likes a ruck, described as a well oiled football hooligan - picks fights with everyone - sticks it to the elite, worked in Russia - agent of chaos - give him carte blanche to tear the establishment down and crush it - and rebuild a country that is great - military law and order on the streets, curfews, zero tolerance, arm the police and get this country back into shape - put into camps any dissenters and criminals - promote Eugenics for a fit for purpose population that is robust - time for the new order to assert uncompromising control. Dom has the intelligence and iron heart to see this through

I will look out for it, but fear that our understanding of the word deal will be somewhat different.
    Im sure it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    You're really struggling with the grasp of collective responsibility aren't you? If we all feel that it is ok to make car journeys along the same lines (avoidable journeys, dubious but forgivable with one journey, but unforgivable with the other), then we have lots and lots of car journeys all over the place. As the scientist I linked to about Cummings behaviour said, he thought only of the 'I', not about the 'we'. And in doing so, according to this scientist, it puts more lives at risk as people respond to their leaders. You might not think so, but I think I'll defer to the scientist government advisor. Pity Cummings didn't.

Shame you think that these decisions by Cummings and the decision by our Government to collectively lie to us, is trivial and pathetic. But many think that it is unacceptable, the majority of the public indicating that this is so - out of interest, why do you think that they are so angry?
    I have no difficulty with the concept of collective responsibility and - of more relevance to your point and presumably what you actually mean - the need for collective action. I simply don't accept that what Cummings did posed any significant risk and do not think it warrants the hysterical politically motivated response that it has.

You are clinging to your government adviser, but why not think for yourself?

John will be wincing at your straw-manning. I don't think it trivial for politicians to lie. I'm not the party man who has happily spread and 'interpreted' party propaganda, am I, raging?
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 28-05-2020 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Read my posts then you’d find the answer
    Not sure you understood the question. What would you be saying if it was a Blair Government and Campbell who had done it?

I have no difficulty with the concept of collective responsibility and - of more relevance to your point and presumably what you actually mean - the need for collective action. I simply don't accept that what Cummings did posed any significant risk and do not think it warrants the hysterical politically motivated response that it has.

John will be wincing at your straw-manning. I don't think it trivial for politicians to lie. I'm not the party man who has happily spread and 'interpreted' party propaganda, am I, raging?
    I thought that after a nights sleep you might have returned with a more considered view
    Strange that you introduce John into the argument
    I wonder why
    Anyway why not give us your views on what this lawyer thinks about Cummings witness statement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0tWyhkoP5c

If all of the angry response from the public is so politically motivated, why does it include anger from so many people from non Labour and even non political pursuasion. Even my Mum is pissed off, several non political friends are commenting on Facebook and to each other on social media. I've not known a response like it. Why is that do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    i always had you down as a reasonable open minded individual animal. the comment above makes me believe your political views have very little clout. even if someone does good you would not vote them in because you dont like the party. think ive mentioned this before. this is whats wrong with labour voters today.
    o well thats my political contribution for another month back into hibernation
    Didn't many traditional Labour voters vote Tory for the first time last December Cayton ?

I actually didn't vote at all myself and I didn't vote in 2005 either , Blair's third victory .

I presume what your inferring is that as a leaver and Johnson somehow pulls a trade deal rabbit out of the hat that would be good enough to get my Tory vote .

So one trade deal trumps the 28 years and counting I've had to go out and earn a living under a Tory government and pay my way in life ? .

That would also trump the fact that I disagree with their view of the role of the state , trickle down economics , privatisation of SOME former state controlled services and industries .

There's also the matter that in my opinion Johnson is the least credible PM this country's had in my lifetime with a team around him who aren't good enough to be in the jobs they hold .

There's no trade deal with the EU that's ever going to dismiss all the above with me personally .

To tell the truth and as a leaver it wouldn't be the worst idea in the world to extend our stay in the EU for 12 to 18 months whilst we are all reeling from the affects of the pandemic and assess our economic position .

Our economic position this year could lead to a very bad deal or none at all .

I'm not suggesting we should re-join but 12 to 18 months isn't a great length of time either and we could concentrate more effectively on putting the fires out in the UK which are going to be significant to say the least .

Page 37 of 59 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast