+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 33 of 59 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Disgrace Cummings

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    I take it you believe they will have a future if we carry on as we are doing? Don't you think us owd uns have a responsibility to leave the world in as good or better position than we found it in if only for our descendants?
    And what is your contribution bto this grand scheme?

Trying to live a life which doesn't stretch the world's resources. We will all have to do it soon anyway whether we like it or not.

Anyway you didn't answer my questions

You seem to know everything .

Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post
    Ffs it's hardly any argument this. He's breached the rules on lock down twice and that's fact.

Suppose the only question is should he stay or should he go.....

He has what he sees as genuine reasons for doing what he did. Is this just bull sh1t, is he lying through his teeth. Can anybody symphasise with him. Should he resign, be sacked or tried for treason?

For me he should resign, he knows he's done wrong and in his position he has to fall on his sword.

I could break lock down rules and go see my family and I have lots of good reasons for doing so including childcare but I haven't.

I can see why he did it but the fact is he shouldn't have.....
    That’s not actually correct Riley.

First they said he broke the law which was refuted, then they said he had broke the rules which was refuted, then they said he had broken the spirit of the rules which is currently being contested

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Anyway you didn't answer my questions
    Officer.
    Have I committed a crime?
    Am I committing a crime?
    Do you think I am going to commit a crime?
    As I say to the officer
    Is it any of your business?

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post

First they said he broke the law which was refuted, then they said he had broke the rules which was refuted, then they said he had broken the spirit of the rules which is currently being contested
    From the commonslibrary website:

The law

On Thursday 26 and Saturday 28 March regulations were made across the UK which gave the police (and others if designated) powers to enforce the lockdown. The regulations have three main effects:

1. They significantly restrict the free movement of people by making it an offence to be leave home without a “reasonable excuse” and (with some exceptions) to gather in groups of more than two.

Cummings decided to go on a 60 mile round trip without a reasonable excuse didn't he? Unless you count him going to drive in order to see if his eyes were fit to drive as 'reasonable'?

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Where does it end? The risk posed by his actions were, on the face of it, neglible.

Should everyone who breaks the rules lose their job?
    They broke a trust. Johnson and the Government had a deal with the British people that we would stick to the rules lockdown - despite the suffering it was for the greater good and help others.

Johnson and Cumming broke the deal.

I hope the British public have more moral integrity than Johnson and Cummings. I hope we stick to the regulation when asked to do so in the future.

My fear, with many, the deal is fragile. It could end in more deaths.

My cousin is suffering with covid 19. She is at home looking after there 11 year old son whilst her partner has just come off a ventilator in RDG hospital.

If she could have come to our house and gone and lived in the separate apartment then why wouldn't I do it? Why wouldn't any family do it to make sure that they're both watched over?

I think that it would be reasonable for her to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post

Yeah I get that GM but come on he was very silly to do what he did.

Can you be that silly in the job he's in and expect to stay in employment?

I'd be gone if I did summat that daft tbh pal.

I dont care about the politics here as it's not my passion but for me he was so foolish he should go.

That said I'm not that fussed either way as it's not my passion.

I'll leave that to everyone else on her lol.

Page 33 of 59 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast