+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 59 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Disgrace Cummings

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Over to you Grist, Gfire, Howdy,Cayton, Kerr, Monty, Millertop, Shark, Stovic etc. Love to hear your opinions on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Take no notice he is in full wind up mode atm .
    Make your mind up. Or am I only allowed to agree with you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmTahAali90

What makes me laugh me laugh is this starts from end March/beginning of April but no one was interested but now the death rates are falling/lockdown slowly being eased they now decide to find something else to be negative about.
    Sporting events like Cheltenham which some of us agreed shouldn’t have gone ahead will be news now I suppose.

Media love negative and will break the laws constantly but that’s ok

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    You were suggesting that the reporters were performing an important job, which on examination appears to be allowing you to watch a media scrum and convince yourself that something that you wanted to believe was true. That is a pretty powerful card in the Top Trump crap post deck.

Surely the important argument here is that everyone is equal under the law and Covic guidance? You seem to have decided that you will tolerate lower standards from the media than from people who are on the current hate list for Labour Party members.
    I think you'll find it's far far more than Labour Party members who have expressed their feelings re Cummings but as usual you cannot resist referring in hate terms to the Labour Party It's in your genes
    Do you believe Cummings explanation on his visit to Barnard Castle to "test his eyesight"
    I hope the press continue digging to expose the truth This media you refer to will include all shades of political persusion but if we go on press bias the ratio will be about 70%/30% right wing
    You obviously watched the "scrum" but of course you can watch it but tell others they are at fault for doing so
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 26-05-2020 at 07:39 AM.

You were suggesting that the reporters were performing an important job, which on examination appears to be allowing you to watch a media scrum and convince yourself that something that you wanted to believe was true. That is a pretty powerful card in the Top Trump crap post deck.
    I'm surprised by the level of straw manning.

I have pointed out that having journalists ask difficult questions of political figures is an important job. I think we would both agree on that.

I have said that I personally found the footage of journalists asking Cummings if he had been to Bernard Castle helpful important in informing my opinion that this probably did happen and wasn't just a malicious accusation. This did turn out to be true - it did happen. At that point we had no way of knowing he would admit to it. I will acknowledge that my coming to the conclusion that this was important was subjective, if you disagree that's fine, but I value a media asking difficult questions of political figures.

Here's the straw man though, I have at no stage said I believe the collective behaviour of those was appropriate or defended the behaviour. In fact I said "I think they should do a better job of social distancing themselves". I believe they could have achieved the same result from a 2m distance.

Surely the important argument here is that everyone is equal under the law and Covic guidance? You seem to have decided that you will tolerate lower standards from the media than from people who are on the current hate list for Labour Party members.
    No. That's another misrepresentation of my position, a common trend recently. Maybe I'm not articulating clearly. I'm not condoning the behaviour of anyone breaking social distancing for any reason - can you show me where I have done this? I'm saying that when the people who create the rules do not follow them it is different because it undermines the entire government message with potentially lethal consequences which make such an act 'worse' than if anyone else does it. Do you think this position is unreasonable?

I’ve woke up this morning and my eyesight is bad. I’m going to check how bad by taking a young family out for a drive.

Seems reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    They travelled to his house. Not essential travel.
    And not social distancing. Sack them all.
    They were travelling to work. It is allowed under the new regs.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    They were travelling to work. It is allowed under the new regs.
    Wow, just wow. Gutter press. End of.

Cummings should have resigned. Like many before him, he'd have been back within 9 months. The 'poorly eyes' story will do for him. Might just have got away it with an apology. Dipstick.

Every cloud has a silver lining.

Focus on the Cummings media scrum, let's not question how the Government is handling the crisis nor how they got things wrong or right.

Plus an added bonus that it's a good time to bury bad news if any type.

You may be also get junior ministers who aren't up to the job using it as a reason to resign.

Whilst the Cummings story is dominating the media space there's another aspect to this that's a little under the radar .

It brings in to question that if a PM is prepared to lose so much political credit with the electorate , create a division within his own party , a minister has resigned this morning over the affair then what's that say about Johnson's ability to do the job without him .

Tail wagging the dog ? .

Bear in mind Johnson's an 80 seat majority and a cabinet full of brexit admirers .

Just exactly how weak and insecure can you be ? .

He's an advisor , nothing more than that .

Just remember

Stay Elite

Save Lives

Protect The NHS

I’ve been laying low and not following too closely news happenings this last week but was aware of this furore. So yesterday evening I decided to watch the explanation given by the bloke himself. I have to say I thought he gave a reasonable explanation of the events and his thinking.
    I would say that if I had found myself in a similar situation I could well see myself doing the same to help protect my family and minimise effects to others.
    What I do find sad but unfortunately not surprising is the response to this whipped up hysteria created by all sides of the political and media establishment.
    I new little of him previously so did a bit of reading up. Well it turns out that pretty much that he is disliked by lots of tories, labour and the press. Pretty much sees things and says it as it is. Sees through the lot of them. It Explains the witch-hunt.
    Think we’d be better off with more people like him at the centre of power, at least trying to help keep politicians honest. Might help improve the political stock.
    He might be the key to getting through the Brexit mess to come.

Page 23 of 59 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast